María is a Senior Associate for the Firm in the Corporate / M&A practice. She has more than seven years of experience advising national and international clients in structuring, negotiating, and completing high-profile domestic and cross-border M&A and joint venture deals involving a wide range of industries.
María has an in-depth understanding of the intricacies of the corporate structure and contractual needs of private and mix-economy companies from different sectors, and broad experience drafting and negotiating several transactional agreements and commercial contracts. She has also assisted trust entities in the financing of 4G concession road projects in Colombia, and bridge loan operations involving foreign sponsors and international lenders, respectively.
María holds a law degree from Universidad de Los Andes in Bogota, and a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School.
- 2021-present – Senior Associate, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogota, Colombia
- 2019-2020 – Senior Associate, Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría, Bogota, Colombia
- 2014-2018 – Associate, Posse Herrera Ruíz, Bogota, Colombia
- 2013-2014 – Legal Intern, Ferreira Ruan & Asociados, Bogota, Colombia
- 2013-2013 – Legal Intern, Ayerbe Abogados, Bogota, Colombia
- 2012-2012 – Apprentice, Grupo Bancolombia, Bogota, Colombia