Stuttgart – Stadtwerke München GmbH, acting in conjunction with HEAG Südhessische Energie AG (HSE) and Mainova AG, has acquired nine onshore wind farms in the Havelland region of Brandenburg from wpd AG. The farms comprise 83 wind power plants produced by Enercon with a total output of around 163 MW.
The CMS Hasche Sigle energy team led by partner Dr Jochen Lamb advised on this transaction right from the start. A few months ago, Stadtwerke München acquired five wind farms from wpd with the support of the same team, which means the team has advised on transactions in the renewable energy field with total generation capacity of some 700 MW in the current year.
Stadtwerke München has taken a 75% stake in the Havelland project, while HSE and Mainova each hold 12.5%. The total output of the wind farms is enough to power up to 126,000 homes a year. Compared to conventional power stations, CO2 savings of up to 280,000 tonnes a year will be achieved.
The wind farms were planned and built by Bremen-based wpd group, one of Europe's leading wind energy companies. Operational responsibility for the nine wind farms will also be handled by wpd.
Advisers CMS Hasche Sigle:
- Dr Jochen Lamb, Corporate (Lead Partner)
- Dr Carolin Armbruster, Corporate (Coordination of Due Diligence)
- Ronald Kagan, Corporate
- Dr Holger Kraft, Project Contracts
- Dorothée Janzen, Project Contracts
- Dr Ursula Steinkemper, Approvals
- Philipp-Christian Scheel, Approvals
- Dr Niklas Ganssauge, Grid Connection
- Friederike von Mangoldt, Grid Connection
- Dr Hans Fabian Kiderlen, Real Property
- Dr Steffen Kircher, Real Property
- Dr Peter Ruby, Finance
- Dr Markus Groner, Finance
Dr Jochen Lamb
+49 711 9764 262