CMS has committed itself in favor of international voluntary work since 2010, by giving a world dimension to its partnership with Advocates for International Development (A4ID), an award winning association which provides free support and legal advice in developing countries.
Several association thus benefit from said partnership: EveryChild (protection of children’s rights), Our Sansar (orphans and street children of Nepal), Christian Aid (promotion of sustainable development).
CMS Charity of the Year – War Child
War Child provides life-changing support to the most vulnerable children whose families, communities and schools have been torn apart by war. The organisation is active in six countries – Afghanistan, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Syria and Uganda.
As well as meeting the immediate needs of war-affected children, War Child focuses on promoting and protecting their human and legal rights. It does this in a number of ways, including campaigning and lobbying governments and councils at local and international levels, training social workers and helping to build or refurbish schools. War Child aims to strengthen the capacity of families, communities and authorities to look after their own children.
The organisation has three ways of working
- Direct service delivery (often through local partner organisations)
- Capacity building through investment in local structures and communities
- Advocacy, in-country and globally, in order to change attitudes and policies
The organisation provides three life-saving interventions
- Protection: Creating safe spaces where children can escape from the battlefield or dangers of life on the streets
- Education: Getting children into school or informal education
- Livelihoods: Helping young people and their families learn vocational skills to earn a sustainable income
More information at www.warchild.org.uk