MIFID, compliance, dematerialisation, Basel II, deregulation, disintermediation, removal of barriers. The financial sector is changing rapidly and radically, and the banking and insurance businesses are changing as well in response to their new economic and regulatory environment. Banks and other financial institutions, thrown into the spotlight on the world economic stage and exposed to increasingly fierce competition, must be able to adapt and anticipate in order to survive. Support from experts in the legal and tax aspects of their business is crucial to their ongoing development.
Our Practice Areas
Our team covers the entire spectrum of banking and insurance transactions and regulations:
- Banking, investment services and insurance law
- Intermediary financing relating banking, finance and insurance
- Banking finance, treasury services
- Guarantees Securitisation
- Financial products, particularly life insurance, general insurance, health insurance, reinsurance, over-the-counter and exchange traded products
- Collective investment schemes (standard, alternative and private equity)
- Stock exchange transactions
- Acquisition, project and asset finance
- Structured finance Debt restructuring and rescheduling
- Banking and finance litigation (civil, criminal and disciplinary)
- Co-ordinating our expertise: we call on the skills of other specialists in the firm, particularly tax experts, to provide an efficient and comprehensive service that covers all banking and finance transaction and regulation issues.
- Ability to handle complex matters: our team has the expertise to handle innovative cross-border transactions, involving our partners in the CMS network whenever necessary.
- Providing innovative, customised solutions: we listen carefully to our clients to find the right solution to their current needs and anticipate their future ones.
Retail banks, investment banks, investment service companies, insurance companies, finance companies and private banks - all types of financial institutions, whatever their size is.