CMS, the European provider of legal and tax services
Within tax, what really sets us apart is the way we deliver our services: high quality service, deep local expertise, industry specialisation, reliable professional relationships and cross-border coordination across an extensive presence in Europe and beyond. Our teams not only have expertise in the field of tax law but have also a strong background in corporate and commercial law and in key sectors of business.
Cross-Border Advice and Local Expertise
We provide the full range of national and international taxation strategy, covering both direct and indirect taxes, with particular emphasis on:
- National and international mergers, acquisitions, joint-ventures, privatisations and flotations
- National and cross-border finance, including leasing, structured finance and products/derivatives
- National and international investment funds
- Tax planning with double taxation treaties and European law
- Advice on transfer pricing issues
- Establishment of national and international holding structures
- Multi-country real estate investment structuring
- Cross-border employment issues
- Customs and excise duties and VAT consultancy, including representation at ECJ level
- High level intervention with tax authorities, both national and European
- E-commerce and internet advice on both income taxes and VAT
- Local taxes (such as business tax for companies, transfer, property and land taxes)
- Non-salary benefits (stock options, incentive schemes)
- Assistance to tax audit
- National and European tax litigation and tax dispute
- Private client domicile, tax and estate planning
How we make it work for you
To reinforce our practice, CMS lawyers constantly share information and best practice. This enables us to put together high quality cross-border teams, at short notice, to provide the seamless service and consistent quality that you are looking for.
We adopt stringent ethical standards in all our dealings with clients, colleagues and public authorities.
We are supported by strong technical back-up teams dedicated to identifying and analysing developments in both tax law and policy.
Advising a wide range of clients and sectors
Our clients include:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Large multinational corporations, both listed and non-listed
- Real estate funds, investors and developers
- High net worth individuals
- International investors
- Public organisations and NGO’s