30 April 2018, 12:00 -
Join us for a lunchtime briefing on the Government’s intention to bring offshore residents within the scope of UK tax on all UK real estate gains from April 2019, as revealed in the November budget.
You will benefit from a multi-disciplinary review of the new regime for CGT for non-residents looking at the impact on existing off-shore property holding structures, the opportunities to on-shore through alternative vehicles such as REITs, PAIFS and limited partnerships and the market's response so far.
- The proposed rules and what they might mean for ownership structures and transactions
- Limitations of the rules and likely impacts
- The interaction with debt expense restrictions
- What the market is saying about the proposals
- Next steps for the consultation