2 Anchor Road
Phil is a partner and leads our Finance Disputes Team in Bristol.
His extensive experience includes advising banks on regulatory matters of strategic importance, resolving particularly sensitive disputes and managing a growing team with a broad mix of complex and “business as usual” claims.
Recent highlights have included strategic advice on organised online frauds, commission disclosures and “Tomlinson” allegations, while managing a raft of claims relating to banking operations, fraud recoveries, mis-selling, professional negligence, enforcement of security and insolvency.
Phil regularly presents to clients on the latest legal developments and provides training on litigation tactics and strategy.
Phil is delighted to have been recognised with a band 1 ranking in Chambers 2018.
- Complex business recoveries for major high street lenders.
- Claims in professional negligence against surveyors, solicitors, accountants and other professionals.
- All manner of banking operations related claims, including for example conversion, mistake, breach of mandate, constructive trust, defamation and negligent misstatement.
- Freezing orders and effecting recoveries of the proceeds of frauds.
- Resisting, through the higher courts, challenges to bank's standard forms, terms and conditions.
- Mis-selling claims.
- Commercial and insolvency disputes.
- BSc (Hons), Bristol University
- CPE, LPC (Distinction), The College of Law, Guildford.