Highlights of our experience in Life Sciences & Healthcare in the UK
- Almirall, S.A., on the transfer of its respiratory franchise for an initial consideration of USD 875m on completion, and up to USD 1.22bn in development, launch and sales-related milestone payments.
- Johnson & Johnson on the UK aspects of the sale of the Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics business to The Carlyle Group.
- PGT Healthcare LLP, a joint venture created by Proctor & Gamble, on an innovative collaboration agreement with Swisse Wellness Group Pty Limited, Australia’s leading ‘wellness’ brand. The collaboration relates to vitamin, mineral and food supplement products, which will be marketed across a number of territories and was one of the biggest ever licensing deals for an Australian company.
- Francis Crick Institute on the transfer of research activities and associated assets from the Medical Research Council and Cancer Research UK.
- Perrigo Company on the acquisition of Rosemont Pharmaceuticals Ltd for GBP 180m.
- University of Glasgow on all legal matters relevant to the establishment of the Stratified Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre (SMS-IC), an initiative funded by the Scottish Funding Council.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital in connection with its high-profile GBP 320m redevelopment.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited on the EUR 9.6bn (debt-free cash free) acquisition of Swiss drug company, Nycomed A/S. This was one of the most significant deals to occur in the lifesciences sector, with this acquisition increasing Takeda’s footprint and strength in the European market and emerging markets.
- AbbVie on litigation by Chemistree Homecare regarding refusal to supply claims for specific specialist medicines.
- Wellcome Trust on the first euro-denominated bond issue, which raised EUR 400m for its important medical research work as one of the world’s largest charitable foundations.
Please download the print version below.
PDF 168 kB