14 February 2017, 09:00 -
CMS Budapest in cooperation with British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary are hosting a business breakfast on the recent amendment of the Hungarian Competition Act, especially focusing on the changes in the merger control rules.
Key topics will include:
- Changing merger clearance framework:
- Notification instead of application, increased turnover threshold and the expected future effects.
- Notification triggered without meeting the general turnover threshold: questions of interpretation and risks.
- Evaluation of interim period covenants and non-compete clauses after closing.
- How to handle the information-sharing risks in the due diligence phase and between signing and closing.
- Dawn-raids in merger cases: an actual threat?
- Changes in the rules on leniency and settlements.
- Competition law damages actions – the start of a new era?
The presentation will be held in English and there is no charge for attending, however places are limited and registration is on a first come first served basis.