16 November 2016, 09:00 -
CMS Budapest are hosting a business breakfast on EU General Data Protection Regulation – Preparatory Tasks
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was adopted this April. Hungarian laws are expected to undergo major changes in the wake of the new regulation. Many firms have already begun to prepare for the regulations to be applied from May 25, 2018, however, there are still many pending issues. As two years imply a relatively short period for companies, it is important to be continuously aware of the specific tasks. Several useful legal brochures are available of the 88-pages-long law, however, we would like to go beyond these in the framework of our business breakfast.
During the breakfast we shall present, through the “GDPR Implementation Tool” worked out by our Brussels office and our own document comparing the GDPR with the Hungarian Data Protection Act (“Infotv.”):
- What rules shall replace certain rules of the Infotv.
- What areas still need to be clarified.
- What data protection issues will continue to be regulated by domestic laws.
- What additional specific tasks we shall face with the GDPR and how these will affect the daily processes and the organisational structures.
- What the new priorities, administration and reporting processes will be.
In order to comply with the new obligations many other areas will have to actively join the data protection process – HR, marketing, sales – alongside the legal department. During the breakfast we shall be pleased to hear your thoughts, experiences and questions in relation to the preparations needed for compliance.
The presentation will be held in Hungarian. Please note there is no charge for attending this event, however places are limited and registration is on a first come first served basis.