- China CEE-Fund and CEE Equity Partners on a EUR 200 million acquisition of 99.9% of Magyar Telecom B.V.’s holdings in the Invitel Group by way of a secondary buy-out transaction and on a EUR 140 million sale of a major part of the Invitel Group to DIGI Group.
- Liberty Global on the sale of its Hungarian operation (excluding its Direct Home business) by Vodafone Plc in a four-jurisdictional transaction, as part of a wider European acquisition that also includes Liberty Global’s operations in Czech Republic, Germany and Romania.
- UPC on numerous M&A transactions during the past few years, including the acquisition of certain assets of NET TV Zrt. through an asset deal.
- OTP Bank on several high-profile, cross-border acquisitions and sales transactions in the region, including the acquisition of the Société General S.A. of France across five jurisdictions and the acquisition of Splitska Banka, Societe Generale’s Croatian Unit in 2017.
- Cinven on its acquisition of Partner in Pet Food (PPF), a leading European pet food manufacturer, with nine manufacturing operations across Europe, from Pamplona Capital Management. This acquisition marks Cinven’s first investment in the European pet food market.
- Erste Bank on the acquisition of Hungary-based retail banking, consumer loans and cards businesses of Citibank Europe Plc Hungarian Branch – one of the largest sector M&A transactions on the market.
Please download the print version below.