Energy Transition: Evolution or revolution? The role of oil and gas companies in a net-zero future
London, United KingdomShow location
|Event time:||08:30 h (local time)|
|Your time:||h (assumed)|
At this event, CMS will be launching a new thought leadership report titled 'Energy Transition: Evolution or revolution? The role of oil and gas companies in a net-zero future’. The report evaluates the drivers for these changes, the scale and focus of the transition for oil & gas companies and the challenges and opportunities the transition brings to the sector.
Among other things, we will present key findings from the report, including:
- What “energy transition” means to different players in O&G;The changes O&G companies expect to undergo over the coming decade;
- How different strategies are driving different outcomes (e.g. technology choice, jurisdictions etc) in O&G company approaches to the transition;
- The scale of the financial commitment of different companies to energy transition activities; and
- Future predictions on the rate of energy transition change by 2030.
We will be joined by an esteemed panel of industry experts who will share their views on the future of oil & gas companies and the ‘view from the inside’. Our panelists include:
- Ryan Pereira: Global Director, Gas & LNG, Gaffney, Cline & Associates
- Will Webster: Energy Policy Manager, Oil and Gas UK
- Beth Mitchell: Independent Advisor, ex-equity fund manager and author of a number of reports on the Oil & Gas sector
- Norman Wisely: Partner, Energy Team, CMS
- Munir Hassan: Partner, Energy Team, CMS