Our dedicated team of restructuring and insolvency lawyers in South Africa advise all types of stakeholders involved in, or impacted by, financial restructuring and corporate business rescue and insolvency situations.
What we do
We provide pragmatic, business-focused advice and guidance to our clients. We have a strong track record of advising a broad spectrum of clients on national and cross-border restructuring, insolvency and business rescue. Successfully navigating what is often a complex landscape calls for creative and bold solutions from experienced practitioners.
We understand the legal and business drivers involved when a company gets into financial difficulties and we have the technical skills and expertise to help achieve the best possible outcome.
Our clients include banks, public and privately-owned companies, distressed debt funds, financial advisers, pension funds, insurance companies, turnaround specialists and boards of directors.
Seamless, integrated service
Where required, as it often is on these types of mandates, we draw upon and benefit from the experience of lawyers across wider practice areas, including litigation, real estate, corporate and commercial, mining, telecommunications, capital markets, tax, to complement our core restructuring offering.
We assist clients with:
- business rescue advice
- corporate restructuring
- covenant amendments and refinancing
- debt and equity recapitalizations
- debt to equity conversions
- debt recovery
- distressed debt trading
- employment fraud
- enforcement of security and audits
- financial restructuring of non-performing loans
- forensic investigations
- governance matters to companies in distress
- insolvency advice
- insolvency due diligence exercises
- lender consortium arrangements
- post commencement finance in business rescue
- risk management
- schemes of arrangement
- security reviews
- standstill arrangements
- structuring new money solutions
- viability assessments
- voidable transactions and other insolvency litigation