We advise individuals regarding the transfer of their personal and business assets within their family or to third parties such as endowment funds.
Support tailored to your personal situation
Our recognised expertise in civil law (gift and inheritance law, matrimonial regime, liquidation of succession, incapacity) and gratuitous transfer tax (in particular, the “Dutreil” tax exemption system for family business assets) allows us to offer solutions tailored to our clients’ specific situations. We support them at every stage of the transfer of their assets from the time they consider their options to the execution of their decision. To better serve our clients ‘needs and offer a comprehensive response to their issues, we may involve other teams of experts within the firm, such as corporate and income tax lawyers.
Expertise bolstered by extensive practical experience
Trust and communication are at the heart of our team’s working relationship with you. We are fully committed to securing your plans from a technical perspective and ensuring their success.
We advise our clients on the following issues:
- Restructuring of business assets before donation;
- Disposition inter vivos for private and professional assets, particularly donation of company shares;
- Transfer institutions such as shared donation “donation partage”, cross-generational shared donation “donation-partage transgénérationnelle”, manual gift;
- Civil and tax conditions of the donation;
- Life insurance;
- Division of property (usufruct and bare ownership, quasi-usufruct, co-ownership);
- Initial choice of the matrimonial regime;
- Modification of the matrimonial regime during the time of the marriage (e.g. full community property, separation of property with ”société d’acquêts”, etc.)
- Protection of the property of family members (in particular, minors and incapacitated adults), notably by establishing corporate structures.