CMS Breach Assistant – the ultimate guide to dealing with a data breach
Every modern business will experience a data breach at some point in its lifecycle. Reporting it to regulators and/or individuals, depending on the circumstances and nature of the data breach, is often required by law.
But many businesses still fail at the first hurdle and fail to act with the appropriate speed once a breach has been discovered, which could lead to harsher regulatory fines and greater reputational damage.
Breach Assistant is an innovative and unique mobile platform developed with deep expertise within global law firm CMS, arming businesses with information and guidance to more quickly assemble and act once a data breach has been identified.
Easily accessible from the smartphone in your pocket, Breach Assistant guides those responsible for data privacy within your business through the process, offering advice relevant to a wide range of sectors and jurisdictions, particularly across Europe.
Breach Assistant is available to download for iPhone and Android from the app store. The platform comprises a free version offering practical advice across 19 European countries, and a premium version available on a subscription basis. A yearly subscription package starts at only EUR 8,500 for 10 user licences.
Find out more
Key additional features in the premium version include:
- Ready-to-access guidance on data laws and what you need to do and who you need to notify in the event of a data breach across 70+ countries
- Detailed sector-specific guidance for 17 European jurisdictions in key sectors such as Energy, e-ID and Trust Service Providers, Financial Services, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Marketing and Advertising, Pensions and Telecoms
- Detailed guidance on GDPR enforcement action and remedies
- In–app email feature to instantly notify and mobilise your internal data breach team
- Interactive data breach response checklist providing practical advice for dealing with a personal data breach
- A to Z of key legal and technical terms and definitions under data protection legislation and other relevant laws in Europe with detailed guidance
- Contact details of CMS data protection lawyers worldwide in addition to the ‘emergency button’ for contacting CMS data protection experts directly in 19 European jurisdictions
Countries covered in the free version
- Czech Republic
Fill out the form below to receive more information on the app