Focused on M&A transactions
M&A transactions are the focus of CMS’s corporate law work. With around 250 lawyers, our firm offers M&A advice that combines solid legal expertise and experience with insider industry knowledge.
Decades of leadership in M&A advice
Backed by more than 1,000 lawyers worldwide, CMS advises leading companies on major – and mostly international – M&A transactions. Our Corporate/M&A practice has long held a leading position in the M&A league tables. We advise on more M&A transactions in Germany and Europe than any other law firm. This experience directly benefits you in your M&A process.
When you acquire a company or invest in one, our firm’s Corporate/M&A lawyers work seamlessly with experts from other areas both within Germany and internationally to deliver tailor-made M&A advice from a single source.
We have M&A specialists covering the following areas:
- Structuring the transaction
- Transaction management
- Negotiating non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent
- Support in tender proceedings when reviewing a tender and on structuring the process
- Support ahead of and during due diligence
- Preparing the required contracts and resolutions
- Contract negotiations
- Contract management and transaction documentation
- Preparation for signing and closing
- Assistance with post-closing activity
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, NPL and distressed companies
- Acquisition out of administration
- Extracting value from distressed assets
- Takeover offer
- Acting in concert / insider trading / ad-hoc publicity
- Control and profit transfer agreements
- Advising management and supervisory boards
M&A advice tailored to your sector and region
Knowledge of current industry trends plays a key role in providing a realistic assessment of the potential and challenges of a transaction, planning it effectively and achieving a successful outcome. Our experience is apparent from our broad track record. We harness this experience in clusters of excellence that serve as think tanks and have a particular focus on the following sectors:
Demand for all-in-one solutions for cross-border M&A transactions continues to grow. The strong capabilities of the global CMS network enable us to handle cross-border M&A transactions smoothly and efficiently.
CMS European M&A Study – benefit from our analysis of deal trends
CMS has been evaluating data from thousands of M&A transactions across Europe since 2007, which is distilled into the annual CMS European M&A Study. We analyse the key deal points of each of these M&A transactions and categorise them in terms of trends. We can produce a tailored analysis by individual country and/or by sector to meet your specific needs.
Want to find out more about our M&A expertise or receive a copy of our CMS European M&A Study 2019? Please just contact us.