Consumer Products Lawyers
Consumer Products has long been a core area for CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut. Through our commitment to provide complete, solid and strategic advice to our clients, we have developed a significant expertise in Consumer Products with the most diverse clients, from all industry and service sectors and, in particular, in specialist products, including healthcare goods, food and drink or the automotive industry.
Our aim is to understand clients needs, appreciate the broader context and deliver the best fitted solutions to meet clients’ commercial goals.
To this end, we have extensive experience in a variety of high profile contentious and non-contentious matters, namely:
- A wide variety of commercial agreements, including agency and distribution arrangements, franchising, advertising and marketing, supply of goods and services
- All regulatory aspects pertaining to promotions, sponsorship and marketing agency agreements, comparative advertising campaigns and disputes, labeling and brand protection
- Drafting of all relevant types of agreements for consumers, including credit agreements
- Advising companies on structuring distribution relationships compliant to EU and Portuguese competition law
- Restructuring existing franchise and distribution relationships and advising in relation to orderly franchise and dealership terminations
The diversity in background of our cross-disciplinary teams, as well as our close cooperation with Consumer Products lawyers in other CMS offices, enables us to provide an industry-focused service to clients across Europe.