The National Grandir Ensemble Platform
Loisirs Pluriel helped create the National Grandir Ensemble Platform which carried out a study on "the accessibility of child care and leisure facilities for disabled children and teenagers from the youngest ages" (2007-2009).
This study is the first of its kind in France in terms of the in-depth treatment of the subject matter, including the legal aspects. It led to the formulation of 15 concrete measures organised:
- developing the offer
- staff training
- technical support to administrators and quality assurance in respect of reception facilities and the information provided to families
- boosting national awareness and the mobilisation of all interested persons
CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre participated in the legal facet of this study through a sponsoring skill around the theme of "civil and criminal liability of organisers in respect of disabled children or children presenting health disorders in child care or leisure facilities".
Through this analysis we have been able to build the foundations of the legal thinking about this issue.
Today Grandir Ensemble includes around thirty local or national organisations and coordinates a working group on the question of financing additional costs linked to the disabled children's access to child care and leisure or holiday facilities, the main obstacle to developing the offer.
CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre has supported the Loisirs Pluriel Federation since 2008
La Mie de Pain
Help for vulnerable people: la Mie de Pain
La Mie de Pain is a charity organisation founded in 1887. It aims to support people who find themselves in precarious circumstances and who are marginalised or excluded from society, guiding them "from emergency to integration".
The association’s work resolves around four main missions:
- Providing assistance to people in danger (food aid, medical care, accommodation, etc.)
- Providing social support and helping people to reintegrate into society (learning how to live with others, how to communicate, etc.)
- Guiding people towards successful integration in the world of work and long-term accommodation solutions (training, house hunting, etc.)
- Raising public awareness of the problem of insecurity and exclusion and changing perceptions of impoverished people
Six sites (in Paris):
In its day-to-day pursuit of these objectives, La Mie de Pain undertakes a number of actions to support and guide marginalised people and help with their reintegration into society.
- Provision of food, accommodation and social support: Le Refuge (emergency accommodation centre)
- Making daily life easier: Le Relais Social (information and guidance centre), L’Arche d’Avenirs (daytime drop-in centre)
- Regaining independence: Le Chantier d’Insertion, La Villa de l’Aube (family boarding house and social residence), Le Foyer des Jeunes Travailleurs "Paulin Enfert" (hostel for young workers)
The contribution of CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre is used to buy food and cover the accommodation costs of homeless people, as well as to improve the services offered to them.
CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre has supported La Mie de Pain’s “From emergency to integration” programme since 2009.