The growing complexity of regulations and case law at all stages of property investment, occupancy and site operation calls for a thorough understanding of the related issues and challenges. Because the frequency of legal disputes is on the rise, more careful preparation is required at the planning stage by all operators involved with regard to the procedure envisaged, the content of the documentation (especially contracts), the type and details of any necessary legal action.
Our Practice Areas
- Property sales and purchases: land, existing or planned industrial, commercial and residential buildings, individual or block assets
- Construction: construction agreements, assistance to project owners, contracting authority representation project supervision, real estate development
- Leases: law and litigation relating to commercial leases (negotiation and finalisation of commercial leases, setting rent upon renewal, eviction), professional leases, residential leases
- Town planning: law and litigation relating to national and local town planning rules, planning permissions, taxation and contributions, commercial town planning, permits and taxes specific to the Paris region
- Environment: pollution and installations registered on environmental protection grounds, audits of property assets and operating sites
- Expropriation: law and litigation relating to declarations of public interest, procedures and setting of indemnities to be paid to owners of real estate assets and commercial or industrial operators
- Real estate project financing: legal and tax aspects
- Real estate taxation: tax optimisation for investment institutions (REIT rules, etc.), taxation applying to property transactions
- Local tax before, during and after building works: property tax, annual tax on office, commercial and storage premises in the Paris region, business tax, etc.
- VAT on property: property transactions, development,real estate agents * Transactions by companies operating in the real estate sector
We provide the following services for all of the above areas and operations:
- Audits of the legal, tax and administrative situation, advice, legal opinions and assistance in negotiating and finalisingmemoranda of agreement, pre-contracts and contracts
- Litigation relating to these areas.
Our expertise in these various areas is provided by attorneys boasting solid experience in the real estate sector who have ongoing opportunities to work with the firm's specialists in real estate law, real estate taxation and local taxation in order to ensure a high-level multidisciplinary perspective. We adopt a global approach when managing our clients' operations, throughout the planning, implementation and performance stages, by handling relations with other participants (notaries, surveyors, appraisers, administrative authorities, tax authorities, etc.).
Banks, investment institutions and real estate trusts, occupants (large companies, small and medium-sized enterprises), developers, real estate brokers and other key operators in the real estate sector.