01 December 2010, 09:00 -
02 December 2010, 16:30
Euroforum will be organising the 15th National Energy Forum on 1 and 2 December 2010 at the Kurhaus Hotel in Scheveningen (The Hague). Part of the programme will involve submitting a set of controversial propositions to the Energy Executive Committee (1 December). Cecilia van der Weijden* will be representing CMS Derks Star Busmann on the Committee.
The energy sector is changing rapidly: the European energy market has been liberalised, and there is growing emphasis on economies of scale and consolidation. Europe is aiming to develop an electricity and gas infrastructure that transcends national borders and that will require an investment running to the billions. The Netherlands has a new Government. What does the future hold for energy in the Netherlands? Will government funding be cut? How quickly will a path be cleared for nuclear energy? In other words, what will the Dutch energy mix look like in the years ahead?
And what can we expect to see this year?
· More than thirty visionary speakers offering in-depth analyses
· Propositions that will provoke discussion with the Energy Executive Committee
· Energy Plaza, with plenty of opportunity to network
· Choice of twelve different Energy Special Interest Sessions
· Extra topical debate prior to the conference covering all the latest news in the Dutch energy market
Cecilia van der Weijden and nine other energy specialists will take their places on the Energy Executive Committee on 1 December from 4 p.m. – 4.45 p.m.
To see the entire programme, click here.
If you would like to register for the Forum, click here.
* Cecilia van der Weijden is a member of the CMS multidisciplinary Energy & Utilities team, which advises on electricity, oil & gas, sustainable energy, water and heat. The team’s expertise lies in a wide range of areas, including project structuring, transactions and alliances, permits, environmental aspects, financing, funding and certificates, and commercial contracts.