14 October 2010, 11:45 -
On 14 October CMS Derks Star Busmann will be organizing the seminar ‘Contract Law for Municipalities’ at its office in Arnhem.
This seminar is intended for lawyers and other employees in your municipality, who in their day-to-day work deal with drafting contracts in general and building contracts in particular, as well as those involved in invitations for tenders. Participants at the seminar will be given a good basic knowledge of in contracting in the building sector and how to deal with disputes arising from these contracts. The role of the municipality as the client is the central focus of this seminar.
- welcome and introduction CMS Derks Star Busmann
- introduction in general, contract law (particularly building contract law), such as drafting contracts
- points of attention when contracting (in the building sector) such as general conditions
- special points to consider when contracting by the government, such as procurement law and state aid rules
- consequences of non-compliance with contracts, such as compensation, postponement etc.
- frequently occurring disputes about building contracts, such as in connection with delays, extra work, price rises and completion
- ways of avoiding and solving these disputes, both out of court and through dispute resolution bodies
Conclusion and drinks
You may register for the seminar Contract Law for Municipalities using the form below. Once you have registered we will send you confirmation of your attendance and directions on how to reach us. There is no charge for attending the seminar.
For more information, please contact:
Marloes van Deventer
Business Development & Communications
T +31 (0) 30 2121 579
E [email protected]