Atrium - Parnassusweg 737
1077 DG Amsterdam
PO Box 94700
1090 GS Amsterdam
Marcel Groenewegen is the head of the Banking & Finance Practice Group at CMS. He advises banks, financial institutions, leasing and factoring companies and other large companies and their directors and supervisory directors on asset-based lending, restructuring and outsourcing scenarios, banking and finance, security rights, and on all liability issues relating to directors and officers. He also litigates for this group of clients in these areas of law.
In addition, he frequently acts as an administrator in suspension of payments proceedings and as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings.
Marcel is a regular publisher of legal articles on security rights and insolvency-related matters and also gives lectures in this area of expertise to students, peers and judges. He is an active member of INSOLAD and represents the Netherlands on the council of INSOL Europe.
Marcel speaks German fluently and thus advises many German clients, notably large commercial and merchant banks.
- Financial Economy for Receivers, Erasmus University
- Dutch Law (Insolvency Law), Grotius Academy for Post-Graduate Law Studies
- Financing and Security, Grotius Academy for Post-Graduate Law Studies
- Dutch Law, Utrecht University
- German Language and Literature, Utrecht University
- Teacher of NOVA vocational training course in Insolvency law
- Junior division of 't Sticht
- Netherlands International Tax Law Association
- Lecturer at Amsterdam Nyenrode Law School
- Lecturer in postgraduate courses at Utrecht University
- Member of Editorial Board of Eurofenix (Insol Europe)
- Author of Edition Text & Comments Bankruptcy Act (Kluwer)
- Lecturer SSR training and study centre for the judiciary (official receivers in bankruptcies)
- Teacher of specialist training course in Insolvency law for Banks (module: security rights)
- Editor INSOLAD Newsletter (Tijdschrift voor Insolventierecht)
- Secretary of the Board of INSOLAD (Association of Insolvency Practitioners)