Av. Santa María 110
Augusto is partner of the Energy, Oil & Gas CMS Grau practice area. Augusto has extensive experience in the hydrocarbon sector in Peru, providing advice to companies in all phases of this activity in the country, since the signing of contracts for exploration, implementation and modifications of such contracts, agreements for the transfer of contractual position, commercial viability announcement, development of the operation and exploitation of them as well as to the trading activities of the oil or natural gas production.
Augusto joined as a partner of CMS Grau in 2016. Before CMS Grau, he began his career as an external legal advisor to important foreign companies, first at Estudio Gálvez Abogados and then at Estudio Muñíz, Ramirez, Peres-Taiman & Olaya, having also been Deputy Legal Manager at Hunt Oil Exploration and Production Company of Peru LLC.
His significant experience in the taxation regime, labor standards and environmental standards applicable to oil and natural gas activities, including fiscal stability regimes and the regime for expatriate workers, is proved by the successful advice he has provided to important local and international clients.
- KNOC and SK Innovation, legal advice on the acquisition of Block 8 from PETROPERU
- Oiltanking GmbH, legal advice on the acquisition of tenders by Consorcio Terminales
- Transportadora de Gas de Perú S.A., legal advice for the implementation of its natural gas transmission business
- SK Innovation, legal advice to in the assignment of participating interest in Block Z-46 offshore Peru to Moche Energy S.A.C.
- SNC Lavalin Constructors, legal advice on the building of the Fenix Power Plant
- Posco Engineering & Construction, legal advice on the construction of the combined cycle for Kallpa Power Plant
- Perenco S.A., legal advice on the assignment of certain participating interest to PetroVietnam Exploration & Production Corporation in Block 67.
- Total S.A., legal advice on the opening of a lubricants distribution business.
- Hunt Oil, legal advice on the assignment of a certain participating interest to Pluspetrol Peru Corporation S.A. in Block 76
- CNPC, legal advice on the definition of alternatives for the development of natural gas fields in Block 58
- Grupo Energía de Bogotá, legal advice on the prospective acquisition of a stake in Transportadora de Gas del Perú S.A.
- 2013 – International Arbitration and Investments Diploma, Universidad del Pacífico Postgraduate School.
- 1993 – Law Dregree, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Lima Bar Association (CAL)
- Mining, Oil and Energy National Society - Member of the Hydrocarbons Legal Committee
- International Petroleum Negotiators Association – AIPN – Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Member