Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Katarzyna is Attorney-at-Law and a senior associate in the Corporate / M&A Department at the Warsaw office of CMS.
She focuses her practice on corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on securities law and mergers & acquisitions, as well as on corporate governance issues for clients from various sectors, including IT, banking and finance and energy. She has advised on Polish and EU law issues in a number of public issuances of shares and in public and non-public issuances of debt securities of Polish and foreign issuers.
Katarzyna is also experienced in advising the clients on Polish and EU aspects of intellectual property law (copyright and trademark law).
Prior to joining CMS in 2019, Katarzyna cooperated with White & Case.
In 2018 she was ranked as a “Rising Star” among 30 leading young senior lawyers in Poland in the ranking "Rising Stars: Lawyers – leaders of tomorrow" organized by Wolters Kluwer, publishing house and “Dziennik Gazeta Prawna”, the legal and business daily.
- Ministry of Finance – representation of the State Treasury of the Republic of Poland represented by the Ministry of Finance in connection with the update by the State Treasury of its EUR 60m Euro Medium Term Note Program and several issues under the program, including the first ever issuance of green bonds by a government issuer, as well as in connection with a “shelf” registration process authorized by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and several issues of USD denominated bonds.
- PKO Bank Hipoteczny S.A. as an issuer on the issuance of bonds with a total nominal value of PLN 350m. The deal was the first stand alone issue of bonds conducted by PKO Bank Hipoteczny S.A.
- mBank Hipoteczny S.A. - representation of Commerzbank AG, as lead arranger and dealer, Erste Group Bank AG, J.P. Morgan Securities plc, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg and Société Générale, as dealers, on the establishment by mBank Hipoteczny S.A. of a EUR 3bn international covered bond issuance program.
- PKO Bank Hipoteczny S.A. - representation of banks Société Générale (global coordinator, lead joint arranger and dealer), Deutsche Bank (joint arranger and dealer), J.P. Morgan (joint arranger and dealer), PKO Bank Polski (joint arranger and dealer) and Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (dealer) in connection with the creation by PKO Bank Hipoteczny S.A., a subsidiary of PKO Bank Polski, of an international mortgage bond issuance program with a value of up to EUR 4bn (and several issues under the program). This was the first international program for the issuance of mortgage bonds established by a Polish mortgage bank under which mortgage bonds were to be issued based on Polish law.
- Synthos S.A. on the early redemption of the outstanding EUR 400m 4.000% senior notes (high yield) due 2021 issued by Synthos Finance AB (publ).
- Ghelamco Invest sp. z o.o., Poland's leading real estate developer, on the establishment of a PLN 350m Polish bond program aimed at a pool of individual investors (and several issues under the program).
- Dino Polska S.A. - representation of PKO BP S.A. Oddział – DM PKO BP w Warszawie, as Global Coordinator, Joint Bookrunner and Offering Agent, UBS Limited, WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s. S.A., Oddział w Polsce, as Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners, and Erste Group Bank AG as Joint Bookrunner, on the PLN 1.65bn (approx. EUR 388m) IPO and admission to trading of shares in Dino Polska S.A. on the regulated market of the WSE.
- Ciech S.A. on the process of admitting and introducing shares to trading on a regulated market in the General Standard sub-segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, which resulted in Ciech S.A. being the first Polish company to be listed simultaneously at the Warsaw and Frankfurt stock exchanges.
- PKP Cargo S.A. - representation of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and DM PKO BP acting as Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners, Ipopema Securities, Raiffeisen Centrobank AG and Bank Pekao SA acting as Joint Bookrunners and DI Investors and Mercurius DM acting as Domestic Co-Bookrunners in connection with the privatization and PLN 1.42bn (USD 460m) IPO of PKP CARGO S.A., the state owned rail freight operator. This transaction was the first successful IPO of an EU-based rail freight operator and consisted of a public offering in Poland and an international offering to institutional investors outside Poland and the United States under Regulation S and to qualified institutional buyers in the United States under Rule 144A.
- Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa S.A. on the PLN 5.37bn (USD 2bn) IPO of one of the major Polish coal mines on the WSE. The transaction was the largest privatization and IPO in Poland in 2011, the fourth largest IPO in the history of the WSE, and the second largest European IPO in the first half of 2011.
- PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A., Poland's biggest power producer, on its PLN 4.51bn (approx. USD 1.2bn) acquisition of the EDF Group’s assets in Poland.
- British United Provident Association Limited (Bupa), an international healthcare group, on the acquisition of LUX MED Group, the largest private healthcare provider in Poland, for EUR 400m. The transaction was the largest private equity transaction in Poland in 2012.
- 2010 - LLM, International and Comparative Law, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 2010 - Master's Degree in Law, Gdańsk University
- 2009 - Master's Degree in Economics, major in Marketing, Gdańsk University
- Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law