Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Monika Kowara is an advocate’s trainee and a Senior Associate in the Banking & Finance Department at CMS.
She specialises in banking and finance law. Monika advises foreign and domestic banks as well borrowers in the field of financing and refinancing with special regard to corporate financing, property finance, acquisition finance and project finance. Monika has been involved in numerous finance transactions, preparing and negotiating finance documents, including term sheets, and supervising fulfillment of conditions precedent for loan disbursements. She has also assisted in due diligence investigations relating to corporate and real estate matters.
- A group of international banks acting as mandated lead arrangers on PLN and CZK project financing of a joint-venture, formed by the world's leading integrated steel and mining company and the largest electricity distributor in Poland.
- A Polish bank on senior project financing of development of an investment program the leading producer of heat and electricity in the region of Zagłębie Dąbrowskie.
- An international syndicate of four major banks financing a portfolio of two borrowers with regard to a series of major wind farm projects in CEE with aggregate installed capacity of 250 MW.
- A Polish bank on financing the acquisition of the 5-star hotel located in Warsaw.
- Leading developers on financing the construction of multi-use complex located in Warsaw, which will include high-standard office buildings, luxury apartments, and a boutique hotel.
- A private equity fund on financing granted to nationwide pharmacy chain.
- A multilateral financial institution on a number of transactions, including drafting security documents, drafting legal opinions and verifying fulfillment of the conditions precedent for loan disbursement.
- Leading Polish banks in numerous projects regarding financing residential, commercial and office developments.
- 2014 - Master of Laws (summa cum laude), University of Warsaw, Warsaw
- 2013 - Exchange student, Levin College of Law, University of Florida, Florida
- Warsaw Bar Association