CMS has been recognised as a winner in seven categories, including CEE Deal of the Year, at the 2018 CEE Legal Matters Deal of the Year Awards, held in Budapest.
In recognition of our work across multiple CMS offices and jurisdictions, the firm was awarded for advising on:
- Advent International’s €1.9bn acquisition of Zentiva (awarded CEE as well as Czech Republic Deal of the Year);
- OTP Bank Group on its €600m acquisition of Société Générale subsidiaries SG Expressbank Group, Sogelife Insurance Company, and SG Banka Albania;
- Vodafone’s €18.4bn acquisition of Liberty Global’s Operations in Germany, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Romania;
- EBRD and private equity firms AB Invalda INVL and Horizon Capital on the acquisition of a stake in of Moldova Agroindbank, the largest commercial bank in Moldova.
- The privatisation of Belgrade’s Nikola Tesla International Airport; and
- The ArcelorMittal Zenica, City of Zenica, KPA Unicon Oy and Finnfund joint venture to implement a new CHP plant in Bosnia.
Now in its second year, the CEE Legal Matters Deal of the Year Awards recognise the most important transactions in CEE across the year. The awards are exclusively peer-selected, with partners from across international and domestic law firms in all relevant jurisdictions being involved in selecting the shortlist and voting for the winners.
CMS Partners Graham Conlon and Eva Talmacsi were present to receive the awards. Graham Conlon commented: “We are proud and honoured that the lawyers who vote on the various submissions recognised the value and complexity of the deals we were able to bring to completion in 2018. We appreciate the opportunity to celebrate our good year with our peers throughout the region, and we thank CEE Legal Matters for hosting this fantastic annual event.”