14 May 2018, 09:30 -
This Antitrust Damages event is being organised by the CMS Bucharest Competition Team in collaboration with the Romanian Competition Council and with the participation of the European Commission. It will take place in Bucharest on 14 May 2018.
Through insight from the Romanian Competition Council and the European Commission as well as a panel discussion featuring practitioners and legal experts, the event will address strategic issues of antitrust damages litigation, from a variety of perspectives. Drawing on the vast expertise of our distinguished guests, we aim to explore topics of interest, including:
- the European Commission’s view on antitrust damages after the implementation of the Antitrust Directive across the EU
- the Romanian Competition Council’s recommended approach to substantive and procedural aspects related to claims for antitrust damages
- practical experience from German competition litigation addressing evidentiary issues, access to the file, quantification of damages and the passing-on defence an
- judicial insight on Romanian filing requirements and legal standing in competition damages claims, evidentiary issues (including disclosure of evidence and admissibility of experts’ submissions), jurisdiction in cross-border cases and applicable law in international litigation.
Speakers and panellists at the event will include:
- Bogdan Chirițoiu | President, Romanian Competition Council
- Loredana Criveanu | Deputy Director, Legal Directorate of the Competition Council in Romania
- Hugues Parmentier | Policy Officer, European Commission Directorate General for Competition
- Cristina Farcaș | Judge, Bucharest Tribunal
- Tim Reher | Partner, CMS Hamburg, Germany
- Gabriel Sidere | Managing Partner, CMS Bucharest, Romania
- Cristina Popescu | Senior Associate, CMS Bucharest, Romania
9.00 am – 9.30 am Coffee and registration
9.30 am – 9.40 am Welcome | Gabriel Sidere
9.40 am – 10.00 am Keynote speech | Bogdan Chiriţoiu
10.00 am – 10.30 am Speech: After the Implementation of the Damages Directive – What now? | Hugues Parmentier
10.30 am – 11.00 am Speech: Practical Experience in Competition Damages Litigation in Germany | Tim Reher
11.00 am – 11.30 am Coffee break
11.30 am – 12.45 pm Panel Discussion
12.45 pm – 1 pm Conclusions and closing remarks | Cristina Popescu
1 pm – 1.30 pm Refreshments & Networking
The event will be held in both Romanian and English – simultaneous
translation will be provided.
The event is free of charge, however places are limited and registration is on a first come first served basis. Please feel free to pass this invitation on to your colleagues who may be interested.
For any queries about the event, please contact Nicoleta Constantin
We hope you will be able to join us and very forward to welcoming you at this informative event.