30 September 2020, 14:00 -
In these uncertain times, global businesses in almost every sector are facing challenges brought about by an unprecedented operational climate. Actions and decisions taken during and immediately after the COVID-19 pandemic may be subject to even greater scrutiny than normal. With over 1,200 disputes resolution experts at CMS around the world, we are at the forefront of this change.
In order to help you navigate, we decided to launch an interactive online event series - covering international dispute resolution hot topics - the CMS Disputes Talks. Please see below the topics of our first four sessions.
Each session will include a Q&A section. Our webinars are free of charge and open to a wider public.
Cross-border insolvency litigation - How to plan ahead?
16 September 3pm - 4pm CET
A global overview on potential collection processes; practical advice on how to be prepared for cross-border insolvencies from the creditor´s perspective.
- Daniel Rodriguez, Partner - CMS Colombia
- Charlotte Schildt, Partner - CMS Germany
- Nacho Fernandez Aguado, Partner - CMS Spain
- Michelle Barclay, Partner - CMS Peru
Investment Arbitration and third-party funding
30 September 2pm - 3pm CET
- Liability of States: boundaries of permissible measures and how to protect your business and investment from unlawful actions by governments
- No money? No problem! Third party funding for claims in times of crisis
- Nicolas Wiegand, Partner - CMS Hong Kong
- Ruth Stackpool-Moore, Investment Manager - Omni Bridgeway
- Lorenzo Villegas, Partner - CMS Colombia
- Mariel Dimsey, Partner - CMS Hong Kong
- Susanne Schwalb, Counsel - CMS Germany
Potential exposure of D&O to liability claims following the COVID-19 emergency
14 October 3pm - 4pm CET
The pandemic will give raise to an increase of litigation involving both companies and directors’ liability: we can foresee, among others, cyber claims, securities class actions and shareholders’ derivatives claims; issues may also arise from employees working from home (data breaches, frauds, etc.). What should be done in order to prevent and minimize the risks and costs of potential disputes?
- Laura Opilio, Partner - CMS Italy
- Alessandro Voglino, Managing Director of Shared Underwriters
- Zaakir Mohamed, Partner - CMS South Africa
- Virginie Fremat, Partner - CMS Belgium
Real property commercial lease and Covid-19
|28 October 3pm - 4pm CET|
An overview of the effect of mandatory lockdowns on commercial buildings and offices. A discussion on the liabilities of the lessor and the remedies available to the tenant.
- Rodrigo Campero, Partner - CMS Chile
- Ernesto Vargas, Professor for Private Law, University of Chile and Teaching Fellow, University College London
- Jacques Simhon, Partner - CMS Colombia
- Danielle Drummond-Brassington, Partner - CMS UK
- Chantal Martens, Advocaat - CMS Netherlands
Should you have any question regarding this event, please contact us.
We look forward to seeing you at our CMS Disputes Talks.