20 December 2016, 10:00 -
For many years, UK has been one of the most preferred venues for hosting cross-border arbitrations. Many international businesses, including Russian ones, tested it in thousands of contracts, international litigation and arbitration proceedings. English legal system is recognised as predictable, well-balanced, neutral, and arbitration-friendly. Russia is developing its dispute resolution laws too, and some significant changes are to follow very soon. In the coming years business will have to adapt to these changes, taking advantage of the opportunities offered by these new challenges.
In this context, CMS Russia has the pleasure of inviting you to a seminar organized in collaboration with CMS UK. The event will take place at CMS Moscow office from 10.00 to 12.00. Registration starts at 9.30. The working language is English.
The programme will cover the following topics:
- Identifying potential disputes early with a view to avoiding disputes
- Efficiencies in dispute resolution through project management
- Early case assessment
- Opportunities for settlement negotiations and tactics both pre-litigation/arbitration and thereafter
- Managing expectations and timetabling in relation to dispute resolution
- Document management and the dangers of disclosure (in the English courts) or the equivalent
- Rob Wilson, Partner, Head of Energy Disputes, CMS UK
- Sergey Yuryev, Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution, CMS Russia
To register for the event please use the register now button below. Should you have any questions, please contact Tatyana Brezhneva.