IP in Russia and regionally
Major developments in 2019
In today’s knowledge economy, a large part of the value of your business is based on intangible assets and goodwill. Your intellectual property plays a key role in obtaining a competitive advantage. A cohesive IP strategy, including both commercialisation and enforcement, will ensure you get maximum value from your portfolio.
The right brands will win the hearts and minds of customers. The right patents will prevent others exploiting your ideas or provide a substantial barrier to market access. Copyright, know-how and designs also play a vital role.
Let us discuss the recent important developments in 2019 with regard to protection of IP rights in Russia and outline the upcoming topmost legislative initiatives to be implemented in 2020.
- Important ruling of the Russian Supreme Court for the IP
- Industrial designs – new law creates opportunities for rights owners in Russia and in Eurasia
- Upcoming amendments in IP and personal data spheres
- Daniil Tereshchenko, Deputy Director, Department for the Provision of State Services, Rospatent
- Anton Bankovskiy, Partner, Head of IP, CMS Russia
- Vladislav Eltovskiy, Associate, IP, CMS Russia