The large, increasingly multi-national oil and gas companies active in Russia require expert advice and support on issues varying from pipeline construction and transportation to licensing and concession matters to other ‘business issues’ typical of any large commercial organisation.
Our dedicated team of oil and gas lawyers has considerable experience of working on all aspects of oil and gas matters and projects, from exploration, production, processing, refining, trading, storage, transmission, distribution and through to the point of sale, as well as disposal and acquisition of upstream and downstream assets.
In Russia we have been working for nearly 20 years and have a proven track record in advising major international and local companies such as RAO UES, Gazprom, BP, Rosneft, Shell, Baker Hughes and others on various corporate issues, including projects and project finance (involving export credit agencies), Greenfield and Brownfield investment projects, joint ventures, share and assets sales and acquisitions.
Natalia Kozyrenko who leads the team, is an acknowledged expert in the Russian subsoil law.
We advise on:
- upstream transactions
- licensing and permitting issues
- concession matters
- production sharing arrangements
- transportation issues
- downstream advice, including on refining and retail
- construction and maintenance advice
- conservation, abandonment and decommissioning
- project finance
- M&A including farm-ins and JOAs
- liberalisation and unbundling
- privatisations including setting-up and participation in auctions and tenders