CMS, the top 10 international law firm, announces its financial results for the year ended 31st December 2013.
- Total annual revenues of €842.1 m compared with 2012 revenues of €837.7 m
- Net profit up 3.3% compared with 2012
- Expansion in the UK, Turkey, Switzerland and Mexico
- 344 M&A transactions carried out during 2013. Ranked number one in M&A deal volume in Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, France and Germany
- Strategic focus on Energy, Lifesciences, TMT, Financial Services and Dispute Resolution
- 31 new partners, including eight lateral hires. Ranked 6th globally by number of lawyers and 23rd by turnover in the AmLaw 2013 Global 100.
Cornelius Brandi, Executive Chairman of CMS, commented, "2013 was a particularly good year for CMS. Despite the global economic situation, we managed to increase our revenue and our profitability. We established an office in Istanbul which has in its first six months of existence proved successful and we signed a co-operation agreement with energy specialists Woodhouse Lorente Ludlow in Mexico. At the end of last year, Dundas & Wilson of Scotland, a premier firm with over 250 years of history and ZPG Avocats SA, a top-tier firm in French-speaking Switzerland, agreed to merge with CMS.