7 Straits View
Marina One East Tower
Adrian is a lawyer specialising in the energy and infrastructure sector. He is qualified in both English and Singapore law.
Adrian has advised power generation, transmission, renewable energy, petrochemical and construction companies as well as companies in the oil and gas industry in relation to their infrastructure and construction projects internationally.
Adrian has provided comprehensive and integrated advice on all aspects of infrastructure project development ranging from negotiations with government authorities relating to project concessions; lenders providing project financing (and other forms of financing) to projects, EPC contractors, feedstock and utilities suppliers and potential offtakers and O&M service providers.
His previous role as an in-house legal counsel for a multi-national energy company, gives him a particular depth of insight into the energy sector as well as a clear understanding of the business needs of clients.
Adrian has had practical experience across Asia, having worked for clients on projects in Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Mongolia.
- Advising Sarawak Energy Berhad in the development and construction of the:
- Baram 1 Hydro-Electric Power Project
- Baleh Hydro-Electric Power Project
- 2 x 300MW Balingian Coal Fired Power Plant Project
- Tanjung Kidurong GT Combined-Cycle Power Plant Project
- Packages A, B, C and 2 of the 500kV Backbone Transmission Line Project
- Advising Sarawak Energy Berhad in relation to a power purchase agreement entered into between Syarikat Sesco Berhad and Sakura Ferroalloys Sdn. Bhd.
- An international oil major on a potential investment in a Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) project in the Philippines.
- The Indonesia Infrastructure Guarantee Fund (IIGF) on the provision of a government guarantee for the Sumsel 9 (2 x 600MW) & 10 (1 x 600MW) coal fired mine mouth power projects in Indonesia.
- Advising International Power / GDF Suez on:
- the Central Java 2 x 1,000MW coalfired power project in Indonesia
- Bali Timur 2 x 100MW coal-fired power project in Indonesia
- Son My LNG/gas/coal-fired power project (of up to 3,500MW) in Vietnam
- Nghi Son 2, 2 x 600MW coal-fired power project in Vietnam
- TNP 2 115MW gas-fired power project in Thailand
- CHP5 1 x 450MW coal-fired power project in Mongolia
- International Finance Corporation on its debt and equity investment into a water treatment (concession based) project in Tanggerang, Indonesia.
- International Finance Corporation in its US$100 million financing of Power Grid Corporation of India's capital expenditure program which is focused both on strengthening the existing transmission line system and on expanding the reach of the system.
- International Finance Corporation on its debt and equity investment into RenewGen Enviro Ventures's waste to energy power plant project in Sri Lanka
- JBIC on the financing of the Van Phong I BOT power project – one of the largest coal fired power projects in Vietnam.
- Sojitz Corporation on the development and construction of:
- the Thai Binh 2 coal fired thermal power project in Vietnam utilising both KEXIM and JBIC financing
- O Mon I-II power project in Vietnam – one of the largest thermal power projects in Vietnam
- An EPC Contractor on the development and construction of the project financed Nam Ngum 3 hydroelectric power project in Laos PDR.
- ADB on its potential equity investment and debt financing of the US$1.2 billion West Seti cross border hydroelectric project between Nepal and India.
- Star Energy Holdings on its acquisition of various companies owning participation rights in the Kakap Block PSC in Indonesia.
- BG who were appointed as sole aggregator of LNG in Singapore in their negotiations with the Energy Market Authority of Singapore and potential buyers, in relation to Singapore’s first LNG regasification terminal.
- Renewable Energy Corporation on several aspects of their greenfield development of a US$2.5 billion solar manufacturing complex in Singapore to manufacture solar modules and wafers, including advising on the provision of utilities for the plant, the procurement of natural gas and electricity, as well as the construction, operation and transfer of key utilities systems
- Temasek Holdings in the review and amendment of the various end user agreements between GSPL and Senoko Power, PowerSeraya and Tuas Power in Singapore in preparation for the liberalisation of the natural gas market in Singapore.
- PowerGas on the concession agreement and the terminal use agreement with the Energy Market Authority of Singapore for the construction and operation of the first LNG regasification terminal in Singapore.
- Gas: Regulatory:
- Senoko Power, PowerSeraya and Tuas Power on various gas licences (Gas shipper/importer/retailer/transporter/ORF operator etc.) to be issued by the Energy Market Authority of Singapore; and
- Senoko Power, PowerSeraya and Tuas Power in the review and drafting of amendments to existing gas sale / gas transportation agreements in light of the opening of the gas market in Singapore and the inception of the Gas Network Code.
- The consortium of Alstom Transport SA and Bouygues Travaux Publics SA onthe Cavite Extension LRT 1 Project in the Philippines
- A bidder for the Mactan-Cebu (PPP) airport concession in the Philippines.
- Alstom Transport (S) Pte Ltd on Contract T252 Signalling System and Platform Screen Doors for the Thomson Line project in Singapore
- A global player in integrated railway systems as part of an EPC consortium to tender for the North-South Railway Project - South Line issued by the Department of Transportation and Communications & Philippine National Railways in the Philippines
- PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) on the prefeasibility study for the Soekarno Hatta International Airport to Manggarai Rail Link PPP project in Jakarta, which will involve the preparation of submission of applications for government support either in the form of an IIGF guarantee or otherwise.
- Alstom Transport SAon a contract for the Design, Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commission of Standard Gauge Cars for the Mass Rapid Transit System - Kochi Metro Rail in India.
- A global player in integrated railway systems as part of a consortium to tender for the E&M package of the Xinyi Line Eastern Extension Turnkey Project in Taiwan.
- A global player in integrated railway systems as part of a consortium to tender for the Signalling and Train Control System Package of the Projek Mass Rapid Transit Laluan 2 : Sungai Buloh Serdang Putrajaya (SSP) in Malaysia.
- An established global railway systems player as part of its participation in tenders for various packages of the Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT 3) from Bandar Utama to Johan Setia project in Malaysia with Prasarana as Project Owner and MRCB George Kent Sdn Bhd as Project Delivery Partner.
Infrastructure and PPP
- Veolia ES Singapore Industrial Pte Ltd. In relation to the development of a hazardous waste treatment plant project in Singapore
- Veolia Environmental Services on its bid (together with consortium partner Envac) for the DBOO District Pneumatic Conveyance System project in Singapore
- Veolia ES Singapore Pte Ltdonvarious agreements between Veolia and Resourceco Asia relating to the sale of a material recovery facility development in Singapore.
- Gunvor Group in several aspects of their greenfield development of a Heptyl processing unit in Mongolia
- Lanxess, the German chemical company, on its S$836 million production plant in Singapore. The 215,000 sq ft facility will produce butyl rubber, a material used to make car tyres.
- Invista Nylon Chemicals (China) Company on various aspects of the development of its hexamethylene diamine (HMD) project in Shanghai China.
- A syndicate of 6 banks on the development and financing of a US$252 million independent crude oil and petroleum product storage terminal in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates. This included detailed lender due diligence on the project, the Sponsors' proposed development and offtake structure and documenting and negotiating the full suite of loan and local law governed security documents.