What is State aid?
State aid is a highly technical area of EU law and has generated a wide range of evolving case law. Compliance with State aid rules is therefore an issue in any public intervention that involves State resources. State aid issues are usually quite complex, requiring a high level of expertise, in-depth knowledge and pragmatism. Especially in Slovenia, where the Law Governing Rescue and Restructuring Aid for Companies and Cooperative Societies in Difficulty foresees aid measures to companies and cooperatives (in the form of credit lines, subventions, guarantees and capital investments), state aid requires an economic based approach and a good understanding of the market.
CMS Lawyers: World-class State aid specialists
Our experience covers all aspects of State aid: fiscal incentives, rescue and restructuring aid, aid for infrastructures, services of general economic interest, regional aid, RDI aid, aid for environmental, etc.
CMS State aid specialists have particular expertise in following industry sectors:
• Air, maritime and rail transport sectors
• Financial Services
• Multifunctional and sport infrastructure
State aid Law: Our Services
CMS lawyers represent both public authorities and private companies on all aspects of the State aid rules. This includes:
• Legal assessment of the existence of an aid and its compatibility
• Set up of aid schemes
• Assistance to public authorities in the notification of State aid
• Assistance to public authorities or beneficiaries in State aid investigations by the European Commission Drafting and lodging complaints before the European Commission
• Litigation before national and EU Courts
Well advised with CMS - nationally and internationally
The CMS State aid Area Group comprises 40 State aid law specialists practicing State aid law in 17 jurisdictions being located in 20 cities in Europe and beyond – all committed to assist you.
Find your local contact person in our brochure CMS State aid Group.