Askerocağı Caddesi No:6 Kat:15 D:1502
34367 Elmadağ/Şişli - Istanbul
Dr. Levent Bilgi is a counsel at the Istanbul office of CMS. Before joining CMS, he worked at the Istanbul office of an international law firm, where he headed the German-Austrian desk. As a dual-qualified lawyer, he is admitted to practise as an attorney-at-law in both Turkey (Avukat) and Germany (Rechtsanwalt). He advises a broad range of domestic and multinational clients on international commercial law, trade and corporate law and public economic law. Levent Bilgi specialises in the energy sector and infrastructure projects and is especially active in renewable energy, privatisations, private finance initiatives (PFI), public private partnerships (PPP) and Private Finance 2 (PF2).
He received a Doctor of Law degree (Dr. iur.) in Germany and graduated in law from Ruhr-Universität Bochum and Dokuz Eylul University.
- Advising a Switzerland-based multinational company, a major player in railway infrastructure projects, in connection with several execution and litigation matters.
- Advising a Germany-based, globally leading construction company in connection with the establishment of a joint venture with a major Turkish construction company regarding an infrastructure project (waste water treatment) funded by the European Commission.
- Advising a Germany-based multinational company in planning, constructing and operating geothermal plants with the purpose of both the commercial generation of sustainable power and the provision of heat from deep geothermal reservoirs and advising the company in connection with geothermal energy projects and the acquisition of a major Turkish player in the energy market.
- Advising a Germany-based international company dealing with renewable energy, in particular photovoltaic energy, in connection with general corporate and commercial issues under Turkish law.
- Advising a Germany-based energy company in connection with licensing in the Turkish energy market and establishing a joint venture with a major Turkish energy player as well as in regulatory and general corporate matters under Turkish law.
- Advising an Istanbul-based Austrian-Turkish fuel products distribution and lubricants company in connection with several general regulatory and litigation matters under Turkish law.
- Advising a multinational joint venture in the Turkish aerospace sector.
- Advising a major Turkish airline company in connection with privatisation matters.
- Advising a Germany-based company in connection with PPP projects in the Turkish hospital and healthcare sectors.
- 2018 – Dr. iur., Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- 2013 – Graduate Diploma in Law, Dokuz Eylul University
- 2006 – Second State Examination in Law, Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
- 2003 – First State Examination in Law, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- 2002 – Certificate in Transnational Law (CTL), University of Geneva
- Istanbul Bar Association, Turkey
- Hamm Bar Association, Germany
- Society of German and Turkish Lawyers (DTJV)
- Bundesverband (Federal Association) Public Private Partnership (BPPP)
- Öffentlich-Private Partnerschaften (Public Private Partnerships). Ein Entwicklungs- und Institutionenvergleich nach deutschem und türkischem Recht
(Public private partnerships. Comparing development and institutions with regard to German and Turkish law, publication in German), Nomos Verlag, Baden-Baden, 2018.
- Speaker on the topic of “Trade and Company Law in Turkey” at the workshop ”Geschäftspraxis Türkei” (Business practice in Turkey) at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) in Düsseldorf, July 2018.
- Speaker on the topic of “Legal Status of Public Companies in Turkey” at the symposium ”Herbsttagung 2017” (Autumn symposium 2017) organised by the Society of German and Turkish Lawyers (DTJV) at the University of Tübingen, November 2017.
- Speaker on the topic of “Legal Pitfalls to Be Considered by Foreign Investors in Turkey” at the seminar ”Markteintritt und Vertrieb Türkei. Vielfältige Geschäftschancen am Bosporus” (Market access and distribution in Turkey. Plentiful business opportunities on the Bosphorus) at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) in Frankfurt am Main, October 2015.