17 September 2020, 14:00 -
Green, grey and danger zones: competition compliance in bank syndications in CEE
Competition compliance remains a hot topic for companies across industries, including the financial institutions sector. Compliance is particularly critical to the syndicated lending market when sharing risk among the members of a syndicate can lead to a platform for grey and danger zones being created. The European Commission's report published last year, along with its continuous focus on the topic, are evidence of the EU's increasing efforts to mitigate competition risks on the syndicated lending market, while banks across Central and Eastern Europe continue to keep competition compliance high on their agendas.
We are delighted to invite you to our webinar to be held on Thursday 17 September at 14.00 CET. The webinar will be moderated by the CMS finance partners Günther Hanslik and Erika Papp who will be joined by CMS' competition and finance experts for what shall be an interactive discussion.
Our panel of experts will talk you through the key competition law aspects in syndicated lending and will provide you with practical guidance to avoid fines for failing to comply. We will discuss:
- the EU report to reduce competition law risks in syndicated lending (practical tips and rules of thumb);
- evaluation of coinsurance and other joint/coordinated market activities;
- cooperation with market players and associations, legal frameworks for lobbying, and the importance of state involvement;
- international and regional proceedings that affect the sector potential consequences for failing to comply;
- Brexit's impact on compliance in cross-border loan syndications;
- case studies and practical guidance.
We hope you can join our webinar, at which the working language will be English.