Welcome to this year's issue of our real estate publication CEE Property Today, where we look at the recent legal trends and developments in the property sector in some of the key Central and Eastern European (CEE) markets.
Over the past few months, market players have been enjoying a more positive attitude towards investments and we have seen some interesting projects changing hands, particularly in Poland and in the Czech Republic. Hungary has also shown some activity, with Slovak and Romanian markets attracting some foreign investors as well.
Our real estate team has looked at some of the current topics in the property sector in CEE:
- New Civil Code in the Czech Republic
- Simplified planning and construction procedures in Hungary
- Growing impact of contractual liabilities in construction contracts in Poland
- New special tax on construction in Romania
- Protecting your investments in future real estate in Russia
- Property sector developments in Bulgaria, Slovakia and Ukraine.
We trust you will find CEE Property Today useful to your business. Please do get in touch if you would like to receive more information on any of the topics discussed.