Philipp Dickenmann, LL.M.
Philipp Dickenmann, LL.M.
Les principaux domaines d'activité de Me Dickenmann sont le droit de procédure et l’arbitrage international. Il dispose également d’une grande expérience en matière de droit du sport et de droit du travail.
Me Dickenmann a obtenu sa licence en droit de l’Université de Zurich en 1996. Après avoir exercé les fonctions de greffier au tribunal d’arrondissement de Zurich, il a été admis au barreau en 1999.
Par la suite, Me Dickenmann a travaillé comme collaborateur de l’étude d’avocats zurichoise Niedermann Rechtsanwälte pendant deux ans et a effectué un LL.M. à la University of Chicago School of Law.
En 2002, Me Dickenmann a rejoint notre cabinet dont il est associé depuis 2008.
- Counsel for one of the largest European manufacturing and technology companies in an ICC arbitration regarding a construction project in the Middle East. Main issues of the dispute include the scope of work, additional work claims and delay claims. Amount in dispute: EUR 14,000,000.
- Counsel in an international arbitration between a multi-national company and its national distributor regarding termination of a joint venture / distribution contract. Amount in dispute: EUR 60,000,000.
- Represent a large European energy (oil & gas) company (main contractor) in an international arbitration brought by its German subcontractor. The dispute relates to a construction project in South America and involves claims and counterclaims.
- Represent a leading Swiss bank in a court case brought by a customer for breach of contract.
- Acting as counsel for a large auditing company in a complex litigation brought by the receiver of an insolvent company against the board of directors and the auditor.
- Represent a large Norwegian brokerage company in the enforcement of a Norwegian award in Switzerland - successfully pierced the corporate veil and seized the Swiss assets of the owner of the debtor company. Amount in dispute: EUR 12,000,000.
- Counsel for a leading IT company in a compensation claim filed with the Commercial Court of Zurich regarding a large outsourcing project; the IT company and its customer, a major Swiss company, are in dispute whether and to what extent certain services were provided, whether certain services were provided in accordance with the contract, and whether certain services entitle the IT company to additional compensation. Amount in dispute: CHF 15,000,000.
- Acting as sole arbitrator, appointed by the Swiss Chambers, in a dispute between a Finnish producer and an Austrian company regarding the delivery and defects of products.
- Party counsel to FC Shakhtar Donetsk inappellate proceedings before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court in the high profile "Matuzalém" case regarding compensation for breach of the employment contract by the football player Matuzalém. Amount in dispute: EUR 14,000,000.
- Advising and representing a multinational company in numerous commercial issues, including advice on its general terms & conditions, on supply agreements with customers, on contracts with service providers, and the termination of distribution agreements.
- Advise a manufacturer on complex framework and sales contracts with customers in Europe and overseas.
- 2002 Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Chicago School Law (US)
- 1999 Bar admission (Zurich)
- 1997 and 1998 Law clerk for the District Court of Zurich
- 1996 University of Zurich School of Law (lic.iur.), magna cum laude
- Zürcher Anwaltsverband (ZAV)
- Schweizerischer Anwaltsverband (SAV)
- Suisse de l’ArbitrageInternational Bar Association
- Getting the deal through: Switzerland - Class Actions 2017
- CMS Guide to Interim Measures; 2016. Editor and Swiss Chapter
- The online version can be found here: https://eguides.cmslegal.com/interim_measures.
- CMS Guide to the Battle of the Forms, 2016, Swiss Chapter
- The online version can be found here: https://eguides.cmslegal.com/battle_of_forms#switzerland
- CMS Guide on Warranties in Supply Contracts, 2015, Swiss Chapter
- The online version can be found here: https://eguides.cmslegal.com/warranties_in_supply_contracts/4.0/switzerland.html
- Commentary on Articles 5-8 to the Swiss Rules, in: Arbitration in Switzerland – The Practitioner’s Guide, Ed. Manuel Arroyo, Kluwer Law, 2013 http://www.kluwerarbitration.com/CommonUI/book-toc.aspx?book= TOC_Arroyo_2013.
- CMS Guide to Arbitration; Arbitration in Switzerland (4th edition), 2012.
- The online version can be found here: http://eguides.cmslegal.com/arbitration#content32_1.
- May 12, 2017, Meeting of the World Law Group in Warsaw, Poland: "Revised ICC Rules – The changes every lawyer should be aware of"
- May 20, 2016, Meeting of the International Association of Defense Counsel in Zurich, Switzerland: "Ever more standards and a claim for more transparency – is international arbitration still the premier international dispute resolution mechanism or is it bound to lose its advantages that made it great?"
- February 18, 2016, CMS Webinar: "Swiss Law in Sales Contracts"
- May 2015, CMS Webinar: "Limitation of liability in supply contracts"