The CMS CEE German Desk gives you access to German speaking lawyers who approach issues in a manner you are familiar with. Led by German qualified lawyer and partner Martin Wodraschke, the team across the region comprises 30 partners and 50 associates who are German speaking and/or German qualified lawyers. We communicate with and often provide legal advice to our clients in German. We support investors, businesses and institutions from German-speaking countries who have a presence in CEE or are seeking to be active in CEE markets. Our clients represent a wide range of industry sectors, though with a particular focus on the automotive, manufacturing, banking and real estate sectors.
Some clients include:
- Metro Group – on a wide range of matters, including corporate and M&A, commercial, employment and competition across CEE.
- A major Germany based OEM – on liquidation proceedings, commercial and employment law matters across the region.
- ERSTE Bank – strategic partnership with the client and advice on a full scope of legal matters from transactional through regulatory to day-to-day operational matters in the region.
- Siemens – on high-profile dispute resolution cases, corporate and M&A transactions and various day-to-day matters in certain CEE countries.
- Linde AG – on corporate law matters and procurement projects.
- Europart – on various employment law matters in certain CEE countries.
- Aurelius Group - on the cross-border sale ISOCHEM S.A.S.
- MAN Financial Services – on a cross-border financing transaction involving Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Romania.
- Trei Group (Tengelmann) – on lease agreements in the Czech Republic and Hungary.