Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
John O'Connor is a partner and heads the CMS Dubai office. He also heads our Corporate and Commercial Practice in Dubai.
His expertise covers all manner of corporate and commercial transactions, including domestic and cross-border M&A, transaction structuring, joint ventures, capital raising, franchise and distribution contracts, agency arrangements, restructurings and reorganisations. He regularly advises domestic and international businesses on their cross-border activities as well as inbound and outbound investments.
John has authored numerous articles on legal developments relating to corporate structuring, joint ventures, distribution and agency contracts, directors’ liabilities and issues relating to cross-border transactions.
- Delhaize Group on the acquisition of Serbian retailer Delta Maxi Group with operations in Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Montenegro and Albania for EUR 932.5m.
- A market-leading U.S. hedge fund on its USD 360m auction sale of a Middle East-based oilfield services group.
- A prominent Dubai-based real estate developer on a AED 1bn joint venture for the development and sale of three large plots of land in Dubai Marina.
- A UK private equity fund on its USD 30m acquisition of an oilfield services group based in Dubai and with operations in Singapore and Brazil.
- The shareholders of a middle eastern temporary utilities group on a group reorganisation and warrant issue, debt refinancing, joint venture and sale of a further 20-35% of the group, valued at USD 100m.
- A major european bank on capital raising across seven jurisdictions in the Middle East.
- A multinational hardware business on its USD 500m bid for a global business with operations across North and South America, Europe and Asia.
- A listed energy fund on its GBP 131m issue of “C Shares” to the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- A UK developer on its GBP 119m secondary listing of shares on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advanced Computer Software Group plc on the acquisition of 5 separate health-care based IT services businesses with values ranging from GBP 5m to the GBP 100m acquisition of COA Solutions Group.
2005 - LPC, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Oxford, UK
2004 - European Comparative and International Law, LLB, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK