19B Instytutska St.
Maria Orlyk is Partner at CMS in Kyiv, which she joined since its first days in 2006. Maria Orlyk is an experienced Ukrainian attorney who holds an LL.M. degree from Wake Forest University School of Law (USA) as well as Master’s degree in International Law from Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University. Her areas of specialization include Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Dispute Resolution, Competition, and Labour Law. She has ample experience of advising clients from various industries, including mining, financial services, pharmaceuticals, heavy machinery, energy, paint and coatings and others.
Maria Orlyk has been recently accepted for membership in the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC). She became the first and the only member from Ukraine in this association.
Before joining CMS Maria Orlyk worked in notable Ukrainian and international law firms and interned with Powell Goldstein Frazer & Murphy LLP (currently – Bryan Cave) in Washington D.C. In 2005, Maria Orlyk was a recipient of Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program funded by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Since 2012 she has been serving on the Qualification Panel of the Disciplinary and Qualification Commission of Kyiv Regional Bar. Maria Orlyk is admitted to the Ukrainian Bar since 2007.
2008 - Ukrainian School of Political Studies (www.usps.org.ua) and Summer University for Democracy organized by the Council of Europe, Strasbourg France
2006 - Wake Forest University School of Law, USA, LL.M. in American Law.
2004 - Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University / Institute of International Relations, Private International Law Department (Postgraduate Research Study)
2001 - Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University / Institute of International Relations, Master of International Law, English Interpreter/Translator
Specialization: Private International Law, graduated with Honors (Magna Cum Laude)
2000 - Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University / Institute of International Relations, Bachelor of International Relations and Foreign Affairs, graduated with Honors (Magna Cum Laude)
- The International Association of Defense Counsel
- European Business Association
- American Chamber of Commerce
- UBA (Ukrainian Bar Association)
- Ukraine chapter in The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Mergers and Acquisitions 2015
- Private Mergers and Acquisitions in Ukraine: Overview, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Corporate Law Reform in Ukraine unveiled, Fiancier Worldwide Magazine, 2016
- Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Ukraine, IADC, 2016
- Ukraine - Guide to Data Breach Notifications, World Law Group, 2016
- Ukraine - Mergers and Acquistions 2016, ICLG, 2016
- Corporate law reform in Ukraine: 12 months of progress, Financier Worldwide Magazine, 2017
Regular lecturer at the M&A Law School (Ukrainian Bar Association).