CMS has over 20 years of experience in India related deals and disputes. The areas that we have advised on include:
- Inward investment into Europe from India
- Outward investment into India
- Inbound and outbound Corporate and M&A transactions
- Infrastructure and project finance deals
- Commercial and regulatory advice
- Capital markets, derivatives and distressed debt
- Anti-bribery and corruption investigations and tax
You need advisors who understand your business’ strengths and objectives. Our India desk spans our global network of offices and can deliver the expertise and high quality legal advice you expect from one of the world’s largest law firms.
Experts with a proven track record in Corporate and M&A:
- Advising a major Indian tyre manufacturer on the acquisition of a Dutch business.
- Advising a US-based global manufacturer of electronic motors and electronic instruments in relation to transactions in India.
- Advising India's leader in energy and environment management on its multi-million greenfield investment in China.
- Advising the Indian state government and state electricity board in relation to restructuring and privatization in Rajasthan, including on the draft legislation and on suitable structures.
Disputes and Anti-Bribery and Corruption experience includes:
- Advising a major international publisher on and investigating allegations of bribery and corruption at their Indian operations, including advice on cross-border regulatory issues and offences.
- Advising an Indian listed mining company on various litigation matters in the EU.
CMS' other experience in India includes:
- Advising the Government of Gujarat in relation to its proposal for a rooftop solar project, built on a PPP basis.
- Advising a leading Indian manufacturing business on a greenfield factory development in Hungary.
- Advising one of the UK's largest energy companies on outsourcing its global shared services arrangements for HR, procurement and finance & accounting processes, including arrangements with Indian service providers.
- Advising a leading international insurance group on its local services agreements across multiple jurisdictions (including India) under an EMEA-wide framework for facilities management services. Energy and Oil and Gas advising a leading European oil and gas development company on the multi-billion dollar long-term sale of crude oil in Rajasthan's oil fields.
- Advising on gas balancing and issues in relation to gas fields in India.
- Advising on and developing a design for the restructuring of the Haryana electricity industry for the World Bank, including regulatory and legislative frameworks and training the regulators.
Contact the India International desk in Czech Republic to find out they can help you now.