Dr Kaspar Landolt, LL.M.
Dr Kaspar Landolt, LL.M.
Kaspar Landolt focuses on banking & finance, capital markets and restructuring.
He has more than twenty years of experience in acquisition finance, corporate lending, real estate finance, project finance and asset finance, the issuance and offering of securities, applying for regulatory licenses and other capital market topics as well as restructuring. Other key competencies of Kaspar include insurance, collective investment schemes as well as M&A and corporate law.
Kaspar Landolt regularly advises Swiss and international financial institutions, asset managers, industrial enterprises, trading houses and other companies on their transactions and regulatory matters and represents clients before the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA and other authorities. He is an authorized issuers' representative at the SIX Swiss Exchange. Before joining CMS in 1994, he worked as associate with leading law firms in Detroit and Zurich and clerked at the district court of Meilen, Zurich. Since 2000 he is a partner.
- Leading German bank on EUR 192m/CHF 33m real estate secured acquisition finance of premier brand hotel companies
- Major US conglomerate on Swiss capital market aspects of its historic, multi-billion dollar steps to transform its portfolio
- Leading German, Luxembourg, Dutch, French and Japanese banks on syndicated EUR 1,18bn asset financing of rolling stock
- Swiss entrepreneurs on sale of their industrial group of companies to an Italian private equity firm
- Major US insurer in relation to the reorganisation of its worldwide non-US business
- US securities dealer on obtaining representative office license from the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA
- US headquartered industrial technology leader on selling part of its Swiss industrial activities to large privately held industrial group
- Well-known US and UK asset managers on Swiss regulatory, corporate and commercial law
- Well-known Swiss reinsurer on reorganisation of its Swiss, German and French activities
- Major Italian and Dutch banks in relation to a USD 100m financing of a major agribusiness
- 1994 Master of Laws, LL.M., University of Michigan (USA)
- 1992 Doktorat, Dr. iur., magna cum laude, Universität Zürich
- 1991 Anwaltspatent
- 1989 Lic. iur., magna cum laude, Universität Zürich
- Zürcher Anwaltsverband (ZAV)
- Schweizerischer Anwaltsverband (SAV)
- International Bar Association
- Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce
- The Securities Litigation Review – Edition 4 for Switzerland, The Law Reviews, July 2018 (together with Jodok Wicki, Dominique Gemperli and Susanna Gut)
- Contribution in CMS e-guide to Aircraft Finance and Leasing, Switzerland, April 2018
- Contribution in CMS e-guide to Real Estate Finance, Switzerland, 2018
- BEAT KLEINER/KASPAR LANDOLT/DOMINIQUE GEMPERLI, Bankgarantie – Die Garantie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung des Bankgarantiegeschäfts, 5th edition, Zurich 2016