Peter Šimo is head of German Desk in Bratislava and is a member of the international transaction team. He has a track record of more than fifteen years acting as an advisor to international and local clients in CEE, in particular in the area of M&A, banking & finance and property transactions.
Peter Šimo has advised on several of the most significant corporate and financing transactions in Slovakia and the CEE region, including syndicated financings, mergers & acquisitions, cross-border mergers, private equity deals, corporate restructurings as well as day-to-day banking and corporate matters, regulatory issues and general contract matters (e.g. joint ventures, partnerships and shareholders' agreements). He advises clients from various sectors including financial institutions, insurances, real estate & construction, automotive, retail and manufacturing business. Peter Šimo also regularly performs overall project management in due diligence exercises. In 2005-2006 he worked with CMS Moscow where he provided legal advice mainly to the clients from German-speaking countries investing in Russia.
Peter Šimo is fluent in English, German, Slovak, Czech and has basic knowledge of Russian.
Peter Šimo graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Vienna in 2000 and joined CMS in 2001. He is admitted as attorney to the Chamber of Advocates in Vienna and the Slovak Bar Association since 2006.
- Advising a leading global private equity firm on the acquisition of a major European manufacturer of pet food.
- Advising a French car manufacturer on the sale of a part of its dealer business in Slovakia, including vendor due diligence.
- Advising a leading producer of industrial polymers on the restructuring and subsequent sale of the automotive part of its business.
- Advising a global car manufacturer on the investment with respect to the warehouse of spare parts to be “built to suit” and subsequently leased in Slovakia.
- Advising on two parallel cross-border mergers between a Slovak joint-stock company and the subsidiaries of a multinational lighting manufacturer.