CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang
6th Floor, 38 Volodymyrska Street
Olga is a partner in Commercial practice group and CEE Co-head of the Technology, Media and Communications (TMC) sector group with over 17 years in the sector with special focus on IT and technologies sectors. With long-standing focus in these sectors, Olga is best-placed to deliver innovative solutions and timely advice on IT outsourcing, data protection, cybersecurity, cloud technology, IP and employment issues, as well as satellite broadband Internet connection services, joint use of dark-fibre facilities, leasing of telecommunication circuits and telecommunication equipment, and operational issues regarding data centres.
Specifically, Olga is constantly involved in structuring of employment relations between the companies and developers, including suggesting and creating proper equity incentive schemes at various management levels, non-solicitation and confidentiality commitments of IT staff and tax structuring of the IT businesses with use of appropriate foreign jurisdictions for purposes of creation of enforceable shareholders relations. Importantly, as a highly acclaimed specialist in data protection, Olga constantly advises clients on legal issues in relation to processing and protection of personal data, including with a help of cloud-based technology. In particular, Olga’s expertise includes drafting data protection policies and data transfer agreements, different types of consents to be provided by data subjects and other. Olga also assists leading IT companies on various issues of implementation of outsourcing projects, in particular advising on the transfer and protection of IP rights agreements for IT companies and their clients, as well as software development services agreements.
Olga is a recommended lawyer for IT and a lawyer of the year for Telecommunications law by Best Lawyers 2015-2020 and by the Chambers Europe 2012-2019 edition in the field of competition law in Ukraine, which describes her as “knowledgeable, service-minded and extremely impressive."
- Comcast on specialised media, telecommunications and competition law regulation aspects of its aborted bid for Fox.
- Comcast on competition law aspects of its bid for Sky.
- Game Show Network on legal analyse of IT outsourcing agreement with Ukrainian software developers; analyse of various options of establishment of business in Ukraine.
- ViaSat on procuring all necessary authorisations for purposes of it providing satellite broadband Internet connection services to passengers of aircrafts flying through the Ukrainian air space plus adjusting the applicable Ukrainian regulations to the EU standards in that respect
- A multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology, Fortune 500 corporation on the possibility of creating and using their own fleet of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) for remote monitoring of crops and field administration
- Turk Telekom International HU Kft. on the Ukrainian law requirements with respect to protection of high-risk personal data in Ukraine and cross-border transfer of personal data outside of Ukraine.
- LINX on the legal aspects of the establishment and operation of data centres in Ukraine, as well as Ukrainian data privacy issues related to a data centre’s business.
- AOL Corporation in relation to acquisition of Video Syndication Startup, including advising on Ukrainian IP and IT related issues, restructuring of the target’s IP relations with Ukrainian major IT developer.
- Diageo, preparing Ukrainian data protection rules including rules relating to the exploration of data outside of Ukraine.
- Corona International in connection with conduction of non-interventional clinical trials (including drafting the patient's informed consent); localisation of the data collection agreement and some other documents related to the subject matter.
- One of the world’s leading healthcare company on drafting of patient privacy notes and consent form for purposes of handling a therapy information system.
- Intel, a major international IT components manufacturer, on due diligence of radio frequency license of Ukrainian subsidiaries, and then subsequently advised on Ukrainian radio frequency laws implications.
- Cloud Made Limited on various aspects of sale of its cloud technology business.
- American multinational technology and social media company on various corporate and commercial matters (including drafting/negotiating of various commercial contracts) in connection with launching and running of its Ukrainian business; on various employment matters, including structuring of the relations with its local employees and independent contractors; developed template contractual framework in connection with the same; advised on complex outsourcing project involving several jurisdictions; on implementation of RSU incentive plan to Ukrainian personnel; and day-to-day legal support on various HR matters.
- A major multinational technology and consulting corporation:
- on two IT service outsourcing projects between the client and leading Ukrainian Banks, including advice on relevant employment law and data protection issues (advice on employees transfer and secondment issues);
- in connection with the localisation of commercial documents;
- on data protection issues related to placing and storing personal data in the cloud.
- 2011 - Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law, King's College London, London
- 2003 - Admitted to Attorney at Law practice
- 2001 - Master of Law, National Economic University, Kyiv
- January 2016 - Ukraine Data Protection Overview, DataGuidance.
- May 2016 - Article ‘Is information technology education only about IT?’, KyivPost.
- November 2015 - E-governance chapter for the USUBC white paper on legal and governance reform.
- March 2015 - Comment on article ‘Experts on deregulation law say it's too early to celebrate changes’, Kyiv Post.
- August 2014 - Article ‘What you should pay your attention on if you decided to relate your business with cloud decisions’, DELO.
- 16 December 2016 - Start-up simulation course, Lviv Business School, Lviv.
- October 2016 - Workshop “Inspections of Law Enforcement Authorities: How to Avoid Mistakes”, Kyiv.
- 30 October 2015 - Panel discussion on the e-Governance contributors to the White Paper, USUBC-KSE conference on legal and governance reform, Presentation of the USUBC white paper on legal and governance reform, Kyiv.
- 3-4 June 2015 - Panel discussion on ‘How to Invest in Datacentre and Cloud Assets’, Datacloud Global Congress, Monaco.
- 14 November 2014 - Data Protection Seminar in EBA, Kyiv.