CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang
6th Floor, 38 Volodymyrska Street
Olga is a partner and head of the TMC sector group with over 15 years of experience in the sector with special focus on IT and technologies sectors. Olga regularly advises local and international IT services and product companies on various aspects related to their business. Specifically, Olga is constantly involved in structuring of employment relations between the companies and developers, including suggesting and creating proper equity incentive schemes at various management levels, non-solicitation and confidentiality commitments of IT staff and tax structuring of the IT businesses with use of appropriate foreign jurisdictions for purposes of creation of enforceable shareholders relations. Importantly, as a highly acclaimed specialist in data protection, Olga constantly advises clients on legal issues in relation to processing and protection of personal data, including with a help of cloud-based technology. In particular, Olga’s expertise includes drafting data protection policies and data transfer agreements, different types of consents to be provided by data subjects and other. Olga also assists leading IT companies on various issues of implementation of outsourcing projects, in particular advising on the transfer and protection of IP rights agreements for IT companies and their clients, as well as software development services agreements.
Olga is a recommended lawyer for IT and Telecommunications law by Best Lawyers 2015-2018 and by the Chambers Europe 2012-2018 edition in the field of competition law in Ukraine, which describes her as “knowledgeable, service-minded and extremely impressive.”
- Turk Telekom International HU Kft. on the Ukrainian law requirements with respect to protection of high-risk personal data in Ukraine and cross-border transfer of personal data outside of Ukraine.
- LINX on the legal aspects of the establishment and operation of data centres in Ukraine, as well as Ukrainian data privacy issues related to a data centre’s business.
- Diageo, preparing Ukrainian data protection rules including rules relating to the exploration of data outside of Ukraine.
- Corona International in connection with conduction of non-interventional clinical trials (including drafting the patient's informed consent); localisation of the data collection agreement and some other documents related to the subject matter.
- One of the world’s leading healthcare company on drafting of patient privacy notes and consent form for purposes of handling a therapy information system.
- Intel, a major international IT components manufacturer, on due diligence of radio frequency license of Ukrainian subsidiaries, and then subsequently advised on Ukrainian radio frequency laws implications.
- Cloud Made Limited on various aspects of sale of its cloud technology business.
- American multi-national technology and social media company on various corporate, employment, commercial matters (including drafting/negotiating of various commercial contracts) in connection with launching and running of its Ukrainian business.
- A major multinational technology and consulting corporation:
- on two IT service outsourcing projects between the client and leading Ukrainian Banks, including advice on relevant employment law and data protection issues (advice on employees transfer and secondment issues);
- in connection with the localisation of commercial documents;
- on data protection issues related to placing and storing personal data in the cloud.
- AOL Corporation in relation to acquisition of Video Syndication Startup, including advising on Ukrainian IP and IT related issues, restructuring of the target’s IP relations with Ukrainian major IT developer.
2011 - Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law, King's College London, London
2003 - Admitted to Attorney at Law practice
2001 - Master of Law, National Economic University, Kyiv
January 2016 - Ukraine Data Protection Overview, DataGuidance.
May 2016 - Article ‘Is information technology education only about IT?’, KyivPost.
November 2015 - E-governance chapter for the USUBC white paper on legal and governance reform.
March 2015 - Comment on article ‘Experts on deregulation law say it's too early to celebrate changes’, Kyiv Post.
August 2014 - Article ‘What you should pay your attention on if you decided to relate your business with cloud decisions’, DELO.
16 December 2016 - Start-up simulation course, Lviv Business School, Lviv.
October 2016 - Workshop “Inspections of Law Enforcement Authorities: How to Avoid Mistakes”, Kyiv.
30 October 2015 - Panel discussion on the e-Governance contributors to the White Paper, USUBC-KSE conference on legal and governance reform, Presentation of the USUBC white paper on legal and governance reform, Kyiv.
3-4 June 2015 - Panel discussion on ‘How to Invest in Datacentre and Cloud Assets’, Datacloud Global Congress, Monaco.
14 November 2014 - Data Protection Seminar in EBA, Kyiv.