Dr Jodok Wicki
Dr Jodok Wicki
Jodok Wicki concentrates on dispute resolution, litigation and international arbitration. He heads the firm's dispute resolution group and leads also the litigation practice group of CMS. Jodok maintains an active practice of state court litigation and appellate proceedings in a variety of commercial matters, such as purchase and sales agreements, joint ventures, post M&A disputes, director and officer and auditor liability and product liability. He has also a particular focus on insurance matters and qualified as a Certified Specialist of the Swiss Bar Association for Torts and Insurance Law. In international arbitration proceedings Jodok Wicki is appearing as counsel and also regularly sits as arbitrator. He is on the panels of arbitrators of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) and the Pacific International Arbitration Centre (PIAC).
Jodok Wicki started his practice as a lawyer in 1994 and became a partner in 2000. In 1996 and 1997 he worked as a foreign associate with law firms in New York and in Sydney.
"During my international sports career as an olympic sailor before starting the legal practice I learnt the importance of going the extra mile in order to succeed. It is the voluntarism I learnt then which now benefits and is appreciated by my clients."
"I value Jodok’s legal and strategic thinking. He does not limit his counselling to the legal aspects of a claim. Where appropriate he highlights non-legal aspects such as strategic and business considerations as well."
Client Feedback 2015
Jodok Wicki has written his doctoral thesis on market making and price manipulation of own shares of listed stockbrokers (Market Making und Kurspflege kotierter eigener Aktien durch Effektenhändler).
- Allianz Russia for recognition and enforcement of a Russian judgment in Switzerland.
- German producer of wind turbines on joint venture in Asia in international arbitration proceeding.
- Japanese high-precision tool machine producer on purchase and sale and know-how agreement relating to China in international arbitration proceeding.
- World-wide insurance company on coverage dispute before Swiss courts under D&O policy.
- World-wide insurance company on coverage dispute before Swiss courts under W&I policy.
- Two world-wide insurance companies on coverage dispute relating to US IPO under D&O policy in international arbitration proceeding.
- 2001 – Doktorat, Universität Zürich
- 1994 – Anwaltspatent
- 1992 – Rechtsstudium, Lizenziat, Universität Zürich
- Zürcher Anwaltsverband (ZAV)
- Schweizerischer Anwaltsverband (SAV)
- International Bar Association
- ASA Swiss Arbitration Association
- IADC International Association of Defense Counsel
- The Securities Litigation Review – Edition 5 for Switzerland, The Law Reviews, July 2019 (together with Kaspar Landolt und Dominique Gemperli)
- The Securities Litigation Review – Edition 4 for Switzerland, The Law Reviews, July 2018 (together with Kaspar Landolt, Dominique Gemperli and Susanna Gut)
- Recognition of Foreign Civil Judgement in Switzerland, in: International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Business Litigation Committee Newsletter, January 2016
- Fallstricke des Replikrechts im Zivilprozess und Lösungsvorschläge de lege ferenda, AJP/PJA, 07/2013
- Vorvertragliche Schiedszuständigkeit, ASA Bull., S. 236 ff., 02/2009
- Sanierung gescheitert - Rückerstattung der Honorare der Revisionsstelle und von Beratern: TREX Der Treuhandexperte, 02/2009
- Section of Antitrust Law, chapter XII on Switzerland, Obtaining Discovery Abroad, 2nd edition: Publication of the American Bar Association, 2005, 02/2009
- Thesis on market making and price manipulation of own shares of listed stockbrokers (Market Making und Kurspflege kotierter eigener Aktien durch Effektenhändler): 2001
- Young ICCA − Istanbul Workshop: Working with intersecting cultures, Choice of arbitrator(s) and assistance of the regional/international institutions, 29/09/2014
- Aktuelle Themen der Rechnungslegung: Aktuelle Rechtsprechung zur Rechnungslegung und Wirtschaftsprüfung − Akademie der Treuhandkammer, Zurich; 14/09/2012
- Is the Attorney-Client-Privilege and the Work Product Doctrine Relevant Abroad? − Pitfalls and Best Practices, International Corporate Counsel College, Mastering New Challenges in a Globalized Economy, Paris, 7−-8/10/2010
- Aktuelle Themen der Rechnungslegung, Lecture at educaris − Akademie der Treuhandkammer, Zurich, 30/09/2010