As local and international tax regulations become more prescriptive, dealing with them in a cross-border context presents you with a significant challenge. The number and complexity of tax investigations conducted by authorities is rapidly escalating and the need for tax adjustments is rising accordingly. Our tax team in China together with 350 tax lawyers globally are supported by strong technical tax intelligence teams that identify developments in tax law and policy affecting your business. This multi-disciplinary approach helps you develop robust structures that maximise tax effectiveness in alignment with your commercial strategy.
Whether you are multinational corporations, banks and financial institutions, international investors or expatriate individuals, we understand your business and the tax pressures you face. Our teams work together in China, across Europe and beyond in the key areas affecting your business including VAT, overall business tax issues, income tax for corporate and individuals, international taxation, M&A and investment funds, transfer pricing, e-commerce, tax planning and financing as well as customs issues that relate to trade with China. Our experts can help you manage tax control cases and deal with tax authorities. Our team of dedicated tax experts not only have expertise in the field of tax law but have also a strong background in corporate and commercial law and in key industry sectors. This helps us provide the right tax advice to our clients that makes a material difference to transaction costs and, in some cases, avert serious consequences.
- SSQ Thomson Reuters ALB China Law Awards 2017 – Tax (nominated) by SSQ Thomson Reuters ALB
- Tax Law Firm of the Year (Shortlisted) (2019) by Thomson Reuters ALB
- Leading Law Firm for Tax in China: Foreign Firms (2018, 2019) by Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- China Business Law Awards – Taxation (2019) by China Business Law Awards
- Tax Law Firm of the Year (Shortlisted) (2017, 2018) by China Law & Practice Awards