Alain Raemy, LL.M.
Alain Raemy, LL.M.
Alain Raemy focuses on M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, corporate law and general contract matters (e.g. joint ventures and shareholders' agreements). He is experienced in a broad range of national and international transactions and the assistance of clients in their ongoing corporate, corporate governance and commercial activities. He has particular expertise in network-based industries and technology matters.
Alain Raemy also advises in competition law. He represents companies in proceedings before competition authorities and courts and is also well versed in merger control issues.
Alain Raemy worked two years in a francophone law office and as an intern in a major U.S. law firm.
He joined CMS in 1995 and is a partner since 2001.
"Diligence and thoroughness are essential when it comes to providing legal advice. At the same time we strive to provide pragmatic and business-oriented advice to our clients. I enjoy the challenge of gathering all the essential facets of a complex situation and then swiftly identifying the relevant legal and commercial drivers so that I can present my client with an optimal solution or contribute to finding one."
- Sunrise, on the CHF 500m sale of Swiss Towers to a consortium led by Spanish independent tower company Cellnex Telecom S.A.
- BLR & Partners AG on the sale of cloud and outsourcing services company Econis AG to a subsidiary of Rennaissance investment foundation
- Cognex on its acquisition of machine vision software producer ViDi Systems SA
- A US entity on the acquisition of majority stake in Swiss biometric devices Company
- Dutch PE company Nimbus on the sale of Swiss office furniture manufacturer Sitag AG to Nowy Styl Group, a polish office furniture manufacturer
- Synlab Suisse SA on the acquisition of various entities
- Shareholder of Elag Verpackungen AG on the sale of the company to AMPAC group, including pre-transaction restructuring
- ExxonMobil on its sale of its Swiss subsidiary Esso Schweiz GmbH to the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR)
- 1995 – Master of Laws, LL.M., College of Europe, Bruges (Belgium)
- 1994 – Bar Admission
- 1991 – Legal Studies, lic. iur., University Fribourg
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)