Via Agostino Depretis 86
Emilio Battaglia is head of the Fraud and Corporate Criminal Defence Department at CMS. He joined the firm as Partner in 2010.
Emilio Battaglia has long-standing experience regarding criminal matters in the area of corporate management and the commercial operations of companies. In this context, his main areas of expertise are in corporate criminal activities regarding bankruptcies (criminal bankruptcy proceedings), tax crimes (fraudulent, inaccurate or missing tax declarations) and criminal matters relating to environmental, city administration and construction issues.
Emilio has acquired specific expertise in the area of the administrative liability of entities, as per Legislative Decree 231/2001, focusing on the drafting, implementation and updating of organisational, management and oversight models. Emilio has also held positions in the oversight bodies at a number of Italian affiliates of large multinationals and has advised corporate clients involved in criminal proceedings for violations of the provisions of Legislative Decree 231/2001.
- 2008 – European School of Economics, Rome, postgraduate course in consumer rights
- 2002 – Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court
- 1996 – Admitted to the Italian Bar Association
- 1986-1989 – Attended the Notarial School of Rome
- 1988 – University of Calabria at Catanzaro (Italy), Law Degree