CMS has launched a free mobile application that provides guidance for competition-law dawn raids in 27 countries.
Dawn raids are becoming more common these days, with authorities imposing huge fines, inspectors appearing simultaneously at different locations or subsidiaries in several countries, at different companies (for example, competitors, customers or suppliers) and even at the private homes of managers and other employees.
With the CMS Dawn Raid Assistant, CMS ensures that clients can benefit from real-time dawn raid assistance via their smartphone in 27 countries where CMS operates.
By downloading the app, clients get access to the following features:
- Emergency button: direct call or email to the selected jurisdiction's local CMS Dawn Raid Team and first guidance on how to react to the situation.
- Instructions: dawn raid checklists for compliance or legal teams and receptionists, tailored to the selected jurisdiction.
- CMS lawyers: a list of local CMS competition dawn raid lawyers, complete with contact information.
The premium version of the app provides access to the following additional features:
- Guidelines for 27 countries on obligations and rights during a dawn raid by the national competition authority or the European Commission, available in English and the respective local language.
Access to the basic version of the app is available to all. Clients can request access to the premium version within the app.
Head of CMS Competition Group, Harald Kahlenberg, said, “We are delighted to be launching the CMS Dawn Raid Assistant in 27 CMS countries. This demonstrates our truly European coverage and our clients gain access to the different rules on a country-by-country basis.”
Annabelle Lepièce and Dirk Van Liedekerke, co-heads of the competition team of CMS Belgium, are proud to be able to present and offer this new tool to Belgian companies that are more and more frequently faced with dawn raids by the European Commission and the Belgian Competition Authority.
The countries covered by the app include Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine
For more information about the CMS Dawn Raid Assistant, please click here.
* The app navigation will be primarily in English.
- END -
International Business Development Manager